Good book for Christmas

One should always realise one's limitations... >

People regarded Columbus as crazy too.

Reply to
Tom

I've a genuine handbook for an early Honda C50. It's wonderful. There's constant reference to "the important tightening part". I never did understand what that was. There's also a section titled "Do not cause unloaded puffing needlessly". It also warns about using excessive speed. Since 35mph was flat out, I chose to ignore that particular bit of advice.

John

Reply to
John

Hi John, I bought one of the first C50's & had the same handbook. I had thought of mentioning the text but my memory isn't good enough. Any chance of a copy of that page please? See

is my young wife on part of the Manx TT course. The picture was taken in the morning & we watched England win the world cup in the digs in the afternoon. Ah, Happy Days!

Reply to
Dave Croft

I had a manual once for a Moto Rumi scooter - nice little 125cc twin 2S lying almost flat - there was a bloke in Bristol that polished the aluminium frame/apron etc until it was hard to look at on a bright day! Anyway, it was obviously translated from the Italian by an Italian who spoke no English & just translated the words, leaving the word order as it was. Memorably, it began with the words "Depress the pedal commencer" and was afterwards unintelligible.

BTW, I eschew the "Woman" manual as I would a rabid dog. Hands on experience will exceed book learning everytime!

Regards,

Kim

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Bought Hazel a FinePix 8gb pixel camera at Walmart in Wyoming. £75 .........

You don't need the manual to make it go, but if you are bored and plod through it, one discovers that it does all SORTS of things & is a good deal cleverer than my four year old Minolta 3.3. SLR which was three times the price!

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I know what you mean. I've gone the SLR route in the past and ended up taking far more pics with an instamatic. However, when you want to take pics of RAC rally cars at speed in a Welsh forest at night, the SLR assembly works and the little un doesn't.

John

Reply to
John