heat lab engine set

FS at "The Engineers Emporium"

rather pricy judging by past record though.

Reply to
Nick Highfield

The dynamo on that rig is made by the same folks who made the 220V unit for our Ruston & Hornsby, can't quite make out what the engine is though, looks like a varibale-compression Petter of some sort, or maybe something else?

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Text says it is a Petter

these variable compression jobs out and out laboratory specials like the Ricardo we had at Aston, or adapted from production SE's?

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Petter certainly did a version of the AV1 called a LAB1, I had two goes at getting a complete set out of BR Derby Research Centre before privatisation, but a back-door deal spoilt my correctly tendered offer, so I never saw the goings of that one. They also had an engine with a cracked head which also walked.

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Might be worth an ask then if it is of interest, but as I said, I have always found TEE's prices rather beyond what I thought reasonable

Reply to
Nick Highfield