Irish Engine Shows

Is there anyone viewing this list that knows the Irish Vintage show schedule? An American is visiting this summer & wants to know if there any shows to visit in June. (transfered from ATIS)

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

Dave,

though I've not attended a vintage rally in my homeland since my nonage, I gather Innishannon is one of the best for engines and one of the few I could find on the web:

5th-6th June Innishannon Steam & Vintage Rally Innishannon, Co. Cork, Eire 00353 21 477 5808

I found this also, but have no idea what it's like apart from the fact I used to go to Punchestown races when I was a kid.

18th-19th June Punchestown Truck Show Punchestown Racecourse, Naas, Co. Kildare, Eire

John D, have you got your ears on? When is Stradbally and when is Cooley, or any others you know of ?

HTH Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

hello dave ,

Cooley is not on this year , due to the fact the organiser having health problems .

the nicest rally ( very picturesque village and rallyfield ) is inistioge Co.kilkenny , which i may be bringing a few engines along to this year - that is on the bank holiday weekend in august (31st & 1st i think) so that's out of the qeustion i guess .

inishannon would be one to go for , quite possibly the largest steam show in ireland , not sure on the engine side of things - but im sure it would be very worthwhile rally to visit . i've lost my show list , but i will find it and post back a.s.a.p with dates in june .

thanks for the heads up arthur ! regards - john d

Reply to
jdungan100

David,

Found a good site called

Click on the 'Events' section and you'll find all (or most) of the Rally venues, dates and contacts for the whole of the UK.

Regards, Mark D

Reply to
Mark Drake