JAP 3 Engine URL

Let's give Peter a bit of help here:

That works and it looks like an Alco to me....

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Ah! That is a JAP "Featherweight". They were made by JAP for Alfred Lyons & Co Ltd (Alco) as the basis for a well known 300watt 12 (sometimes 24) volt WW2 generator. I've sent photos of a complete unit to Peter for his reference.

Some were actually sold by JAP's, but as they had no place in their commercial range, they just gave it a "3" designation, I suspect just for something to call it! The form of the digit on the timing cover is very odd.

- another job jobbed!

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Hi Peter, I did post the album address a couple of hours ago.

Reply to
Dave Croft

Hi Dave:

It wasn't appearing when I posted..... :-))

Peter

Peter A Forbes

What, then, is the Model 3 in the Wipac master catalogue with the FW (flywheel) magnetos?? listed with both CW and CCW rotation?

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Reply to
peter