lister m type

Hi all, i have posted a couple of pics of the lister m type, that i saved from the scrap man if anyone would like a look

gary

gary millward

Well done. All I get is Lister Diesels & Petter A's I hate seeing anything like this in a scrap yard.

Reply to
Colin Jacobs

I to hate to see anything old being scrapped. I also rescued a tank cooled lister B type from my local scrap yard, back last summer, in a very sorry state, but i am hoping to restore it in time. It pays to keep an eye out at the local scrap yard, as the high price of scrap is bringing some of these oldies out of the woodwork. Gary M

Reply to
gary millward

Good save, Gary. Does the frost split go all the way round? Is it seized?

regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Kim The engine turns over and the valves move, mostly everything else is seized, the frost crack goes under the blanking plug, and then goes uphill about 1/4 of an inch. I am hoping to lift the head off at the weekend if theres nothing serious wrong i may try and get it running Gary

Reply to
gary millward