Lister Tyndale (Sunday)

Wonderful day, hot but not oppressively so and no sign of the threatened thunder storms by the time we left at twoish.

Usual fine turn out of engines with emphasis on the biggies - seven in evidence this year. Spotted P.T-E but he appeared to have succumbed to the fumes from his Petter and was unresponsive ;-) Bought several 'useful' items from stalls and exhibitors, didn't take many pics but I think you might like the ones I have just posted on webshots (last five in 'Infernal Combustion' album).

Reply to
Nick H

Ouch! That's a brute! I take it from the lack of cooling it only ran for short bursts (or is it air-cooled?)

Brian L Dominic

Web Sites: Canals:

of the Cromford Canal:
Light Railway:
Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Brian Dominic

"Brian Dominic" wrote

Yes, only a few minutes at a time presumably with a jacket full of water. The open exhaust stubs purred quite gently until blipped, whereupon it could be heard right across the rally field.

Reply to
Nick H