More dodgy bidding - yawn.

Caveat emptor and all that, but that's not the point I'm interested in making

If some people are prepared to pay this sort of money, surely it's time to reissue it. Can any of our American cousins (probably the largest national engine fraternity on the planet) comment on if and when this is likely to be availbale?

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

If you wish to bring them in from Canada a Soft cover version is available @$73.95 plus of course postage, (possibly import tax & vat) etc.

Regards

Andy M

Reply to
Andy Milestone

reissue it. Can any of our American cousins

and when this is likely to be availbale?

I did attempt to get folks interested in the reprint back in June/July time, but didn't have enough to make the shipping worthwhile.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

reissue it. Can any of our American cousins

and when this is likely to be availbale?

Hi Arthur, The author DID go back to press recently and new copies are available directy from him. The new copies are a yellow hardback, just like the first edition.

The early Big Yellow Books still sell at a premium, even though the new editions are available for $50 (or maybe $55?).

This book is the American equivalent of Patrick Knight's Big Green Book. Any collector of that nation's engines MUST have the respective book in his library.

Rob

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Rob Skinner La Habra, California

Rob Skinner

Wow!

Mind you see:-

I'm sure however that I have seen a paperback version on the shelves of one of the book sellers that regularly attends rallys.

Reply to
Nick H

There's no shortage of originals on eBay in the States, even with postage, much cheaper than this one. The paperback is readily available at $83, plus postage. We picked up an original hardback, BYB, at Cheffins 2 years ago, together with 3 Blackstone Manuals for £60!!!! No need to pay over £100 for one, at all, I guess they can't be bothered to look elsewhere. Mark

Reply to
Mark Drake

Hi Arthur,

There are currently five flavors of this book available. They are (from most expensive to least)...

Leather Bound (signed by Wendel and numbered) Original Yellow Cover Original Red Cover Original Paperback Reprint Yellow Cover

Some would refer to the red cover and paperback versions as reprints also.

Rob's closing point is an excellent one. I've got the A to Zed on British engines. BUT, wasn't there going to be a similar volume done by someone in Oz on the Aussie engines? Does anyone know what the status is for that project?

See ya, Arnie

Arnie Fero Pittsburgh, PA USA fero snipped-for-privacy@city-net.com

reissue it. Can any of our American cousins

and when this is likely to be availbale?

Reply to
hit_n_miss

You are joking on the prices, I have this book sat on the shelf next to me... Red hardback, you mean it's worth more than my Petter engine !!! Bloody hell. Now I need to insure my library as well.

Joules

Reply to
Joules