Slightly OT - Ebay pretty

The appeal of Stuart Turner model kits had always eluded me until I saw this. What a beauty, but very pricey!

I'd love to see a video of it or similar running. Does anyone here present know of a link?

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

What a beauty, but very pricey!

It's odd - those Stuart Turner engines often seem to make more on eBay than a railway locomotive, despite being much simpler work and not even having a boiler. I've sometimes considered making some up deliberately for sale.

And what's a "single expansion" "compound" ?

No idea. But if you go in the Industrial Museum in Bristol, they have a small marine triple that you can stick your paws on (and a huge number of Bristol aero engines).

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I saw this. What a beauty, but very pricey!

Arthur -- take a look at eBay 5931221708 -- recently closed. Stuart No.1 single cylinder. Simple, but built to high standard. Same seller - sold for 50% more than the compound, but larger.

Excellent example of how something inherently simple can be extended to exhibition quality. As you would expect, my No.1 is still a set of castings ........

Colin

Reply to
Colin

I saw a cartoon once - empty space in the workshop and the caption "I had to sell the lathe to afford the ST castings"

Reply to
Andy Dingley