ID anyone?

As Martin is feeling the silence so acutely, can anyone identify this little engine:

I'm pretty useless on these small ones, and I always feel suspicious that they are recent models, rather than old.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Arthur, On the basis that the winner and the second place bidder are friends of mine I would say they both know what it is and I would suggest its possibly a hartop.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Reply to message from "Campingstoveman" (Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:03:15) about "Re: ID anyone?":

Not Hartop. That 'bolted down' cylinder is quite unusual in one so wee. ISTR a Butler model built like that, but I can't find it in the A-Z or P K's recent SEM article on that marque.

BTW. If this works it'll be my first post from new toy - a pocket PC!

nickh Sat, 22 Oct 2005 18:53:55 +0100

nickh

Nick, New toy works and it was only a guess on my part, I will ask the new owner.

Mart> Reply to message from "Campingstoveman"

Reply to
Campingstoveman

With apologies to everyone else. Martin It seems my emails are still not reaching you. regards Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Hmm.

Nick H

Interesting to see the various items on offer and contemplate how many different Ebay IDs bought them :-) ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Contacted my friend who is now new owner of engine and he does not know what it is either ! just liked the look of it.

Mart> Nick,

Reply to
Campingstoveman

"Roland Craven" wrote

? Just pointing out the similarity between these two engines. With so many small power engine builders assembling engines apparently from same basic castings, it's not uncommon to see several slightly different versions of the same basic receipe. Then there are the amateur built jobs, many of which probably never ran and have only been 'salvaged' in recent times.

Reply to
Nick H