OT - B29 restoration

Let's see if the long link survives the journey

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a free frontal lobotomy!

Reply to
J K Siddorn

&strSite=MDSite&Screen=EDITORIAL&catId=401>

I am told that by putting the < > at each end, it wont warp, it never works for me either, perhaps something to do with Outlook Distress.

It would be nice to see another airworthy B29. Do you remember the one which was found, (I think in Greenland) a few years ago? It caught fire and burnt out as they were almost ready to fly it out. I was never lucky enough to see a B29 in the air, but I have fond memories of Lockheed Constellations and the occasional DC6 flying charter trips into Jersey Airport in the late 50's up to the early 70's. With such a short runaway the engines made some pretty interesting sounds both on landing and take off. That reminds me of when the some aircraft used for the Battle of Britain Film spent a few days in the island, also when four B25's turned up after having travelled across the Atlantic on their way for making some other film. I was lucky enough to see them take off, one after another, it is a sound I will never forget.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

No It didn't Kim. Is this better?

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Map

Dave Croft

Gentlemen,

I was very fortunate to see "HAWG WILD" fly into Mildenhall Suffolk and then onto Duxford where I took some cine film of it as it did a pass and then landed. Whilst I was a D A S member I worked on the aircraft on the odd occasion along side my main project "Mary Alice" B17G. When "HAWG WILD" was resurrected from here grave and rebuilt and then flew to the UK an American Television company made a film about the whole experience. A copy was given to the Duxford Museum and I asked ever so nicely could I have a copy and they very kindly said yes. When the pilot was asked how many hours did he have flying B29's he replied how long in the air were we just then. His first flight in a B29 was when he took off on its first test flight. A foot note to the video was that several weeks after he flew the B29 to the uk he was killed in a flying accident by a pupil he was teaching who froze and panicked.

Reply to
Campingstoveman