OT BT Broadband 8MB

The cable franchise holder for here has said that if someone else suppli= es the fibre feeds they will cable the town for free, note only the town no= t the two villages or other scattered farms and houses. Unfortunately that= require 20 odd miles of fibre to be laid, your looking at =A33.5 million= at =A3100/yard...

Sounds a bit crowded to me? 20+ miles in any direction to a place with =

the normal "High St" shops. Quite a few villages of course but are you calling that "civilisation"?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Sounds a bit crowded to me? 20+ miles in any direction to a place with the normal "High St" shops. Quite a few villages of course but are you calling that "civilisation"?

Couple of villages a mile or two away, a by pass four miles away so I'm happy with the peace and quiet and of course the sheep :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

You have places big enough and with enough taffic to warrant a by-pass? Yeuch, far too crowded.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reply to
campingstoveman

Fast jets even at 200' over the chimney pots or down below in the valley don't bother me that much. They aren't that frequent, curiously they haven't been around much over the last year or two I wonder why?...

Fast bikes on the other hand are far more of a threat and disturbance.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Gentlemen,

I have just put the ph>