OT - inability to see images on Oldengine site

Right, not being one to let the damn' thing beat me, I've just spent an hour on the phone with my mate Paul. We tried various browser settings, changed the display settings etc all to no avail.

Next, Norton security. Turning it off did the trick! No, not the firewall. So out to the Norton site to find the instructions to fix it. Basically, if you are running Norton, then you need to specifically *permit* this site (and others no doubt), then the simplistic creature that is Computer will see and download the images. Done.

Easy - only took an hour!

For those than might like to follow this route here's the URL to the right place:-

Have fun .............

regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc - which is certainly true this time.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

If you are running XP have a look at the upper right side of the tool bar and you will see a box marked "Web Assistant" click on it and it will 'drop down' with various options to "block ads on this site", block cookies, pop-ups etc. Click on "block popups" until the check mark next to it disappears. This frequently blocks legitimate pop-ups such as images as well as the rubbish it is designed to block.

I run Norton Internet Security (NIS)as well and it will prompt you to block or accept cookies on any site you visit that tries to place coookies on your hard drive (HD) Good thing too, but it only asks you once. If you decide you want to unblock a site, you can go to Tools> Internet Options> Privacy> Sites and you will see your block and unblocked sites listed.

It is a very good investment buying and spending a bit of time to set it up correctly and using the online security check at the Symantec website. Most revealing! Many times it has blocked intrusion attempts on my computer. Without it they would have been surfing around my HD as they do for millions of others who remain blissfully unaware.

x-- 100 Proof News -

30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Reply to
Rob