OT Van change

After 5-1/2 years and 264,000 miles, the Movano has gone to a new home today. It's not that far away, based in Wisbech, Cambs so we may see it occasionally!

The replacement is at the dealers and we collect it on Thursday afternoon. Should be a good replacement, but time will tell. We have gone for the smaller Trafic/Vivaro van but a long wheelbase version. Engine is 2.5CDTI with 135 French geegees, 6-speed box and lovely aircon :-)) Towbar is already on it from the factory, and we paid for front spotlights as well. Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email Address: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web Pages for Engine Preservation:

Peter A Forbes

You wont regret it

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Well, I was prepared to be surprised but not as much as this :-))

Best seat I have ever sat in, very quiet indeed, feels very taught and together but that will change as things loosen up.

Tachograph is one of the new 'Car Radio' sized units which fits below the CD Radio, and does not affect the normal speedo on the dash. The Movano had to have a different binnacle to take the full-sized tachograph.

Performance was not an issue on the delivery trip home, nice to watch the miles click up from 3.6 which was on it from the dealers.

It is smaller but visually I found the view out to be better than the Movano, still got very thick A frames but not excessively so.

I have a spare No plate to fit the trailer, so I'll probably get that set up on the weekend and see how it runs with the trailer behind.

The only strange thing was that the window winders go backwards to what I am used to, unless they fitted the mechanisms on the wrong doors! :-))

Very nice!

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email Address: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web Pages for Engine Preservation:

Peter A Forbes

23000 on clock and still not loose, no rattles either. Manchester and back this week 42 mpg

Mine towed my 1200kg caravan very well and having a good close ratio gearbox make climbing hills a dream.

Should have gone for electric:-)) all you do is press a button. Best thing you ever did was look at mine.

Reply to
Campingstoveman

There are loads of options, but the tachograph and towbar absorbed a lot of dosh :-((

Interesting that the sales blurb quotes 205-65R16 tyres as standard, but it arrived on 215-65R16 which we were going to upgrade to.

Showed it the M1 today, cruises very nicely, it's a generation different to the old van and it shows!

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Ive only got 195-65R16 on mine :-((

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Size matters - it's a Renault !! :-))

The LWB vans have the higher weight and larger tyres, but I thought that the Sportive vans had the bigger tyres on the alloys anyway.