Pottsville pictures

Pictures from the recent Pottsville engine and tractor show in Grants Pass, Oregon. Pottsville is a historic park and the folks running the place have been wonderfull hosts to the EDGE Branch #9 event for many years now. This was my first time to this show as I am new to the hobby. The grass was mostly green with lots of trees and misty mountains all around. There was plenty of room for us EDGE members to set up campers and tents and to let the exhibits spread out a bit. We had rain on and off, which didn't appear to dampen anyones spirits, and Sunday turned sunny and warm. There were plenty of spectators, lots of vendors, live music, food, many trailers full of odds and ends for sale, several raffle prizes including a restored 5hp engine. We also had tractor pulling and a tractor parade with the announser giving the owners name and statistics for each tractor as it passed the stands. We even had a peddle tractor pull for the kids. I will definitely see this show again next year.

Regards Scott

Reply to
Scott McAfee

Nice photos Scott

Reply to
Nick Holden

Scott, thanks for the pics, any idea of the maker of the funny cam engine?

Oregon. Pottsville is a historic park and

event for many years now. This was my

with lots of trees and misty mountains

tents and to let the exhibits spread

spirits, and Sunday turned sunny and warm.

trailers full of odds and ends for sale,

pulling and a tractor parade with the

the stands. We even had a peddle tractor

Reply to
Arthur G

Reply to
Scott McAfee

What an interesting thing - the only other instances of face cam actuated valves I can think of are the Dummond Willing worker and a few motorcycle engines.

Reply to
Nick H

That's a useful term, Nick, "face cam actuated". I'll have to sprinkle that into conversations to impress the unknowing. ;-)

I've not seen a Drummond, so I'll look out for one.

Regards. Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G