Prestwood Rally

If anyone is in South Bucks this weekend looking for something to do, the Chiltern Traction Engine Club's rally is on at Prestwood near Gt. Missenden. Quite a small affair engine wise (I belive it is rated amoung the hot fog fraternity though) but always worth a look. I'll be there on Saturday more out of habit than anything as I lived within walking distance for many years.

Reply to
Nick H

In article , Nick H writes

ISTR there were a fair few engines there last year - perhaps 50 or so IIRC - so not too bad. The steam is usually very good also.

Last year there was a big diesel roller there, but one of 'steam- outline'; it had a large single-cylinder diesel engine which exhausted through a steam-type chimney. Not quite as 'in-your-face' impressive (in sound, sight and smell) as the rather earlier Walsh and Clark twin- cylinder steam-outline paraffin ploughing engines at the Museum of Suffolk Rural Life at Stowmarket, but an interesting machine nonetheless, straddling the gap, as it were, between steam and diesel.

Geoff (my brother) and I will also be there (as ordinary punters) on Saturday.

Regards, Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Marshall

Sorry, I didn't mean to damn with faint praise - there must be some reason other than proximity why I haven't missed this rally for the last ?? years!

Reply to
Nick H

Gentlemen,

Why not come and say hello at Hollowell, north of Northampton where I shall be.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman