Whats on next weekend

Gentlemen,

Anything on next weekend.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Were of down to Elvaston Castle near Derby, its a Hot Fog rally but with a good mix of other exibits, and about 80 stationary engines.

Andy M

milestones snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
andyengine

You should come back to your old stomping ground Martin, this years Farm Machinery Preservation Society Rally has moved from Gosfield to Long Melford Hall, a fabulous setting.

John S and myself are the SE stewards so if you fancy bringing an engine, let me know.

Reply to
Pete Aldous

Unfortunately I am required to work Sunday in Sheffield so only looking for a site to visit. I remember Long Melford in the hall grounds being one of the better sites.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Well, there is the excellent Bromyard Gala, but its nowhere near Sheffield.....being on the Worcester/Hereford road. I will be there, but am steering well clear of an excessive intake of Gwatkins Cider :-)

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

"campingstoveman" wrote

Prestwood (Chiltern traction engine club) - not the biggest rally in the world, but I have been going for years as I used to live just round the corner. It's also where I first met Ed Bolton who was instrumental in setting me on this road to rusty damnation ;-) Helen tells me we will be going on Sunday this year as some blokes are kicking a ball around a field on Saturday!

Reply to
Nick H

Been looking somewhere to go this weekend also, found this listing nosing around Google the past half hour.

.....1st & 2nd July Chiltern Traction Engine Club Rally The Hangings, Prestwood, nr Great Missenden, Bucks. Contact:- Malcolm Bickerstaff PO Box 543, Chalfont St. Giles, HP8 4ZH .....

No telephone number for contact. Anyone know if there is camping on site? Have a motorhome and want somewhere not too far from Oxford for this weekend, Friday to Sunday evening.

If anyone has contact details please let me know.

Cheers

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

L> Been looking somewhere to go this weekend also, found this listing L> nosing around Google the past half hour.

L> ......1st & 2nd July Chiltern Traction Engine Club Rally The Hangings, L> Prestwood, nr Great Missenden, Bucks. Contact:- Malcolm Bickerstaff PO L> Box L> 543, Chalfont St. Giles, HP8 4ZH .....

L> No telephone number for contact. Anyone know if there is camping on L> site? Have a motorhome and want somewhere not too far from Oxford for L> this weekend, Friday to Sunday evening.

L> If anyone has contact details please let me know.

L> Cheers

L> Lionel

Don't have any contact details, but there is generally some sort of caravan club do in an adjacent field - I'm sure there's room for one more!

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

That's quick reply, you must be sat on the keyboard?

Where is it located in Great Missenden? Still Googling for more info.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

L> That's quick reply, you must be sat on the keyboard?

must have just switched on the handheld at the right moment!

L> Where is it located in Great Missenden? Still Googling for more info.

L> Lionel

Don't know the road name but it's down the road next to the Chequers pub on the bend in Prestwood High Street. Prestwood is up the hill by Great Missenden railway station.

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh

In message , Lionel writes

ISTR for the last several years I've been there (as a punter) driving in to the public car park through a caravan parking area, though whether this was connected with the rally, or a separate event that just happened to be next to it, I don't know.

Reply to
Andrew Marshall

If anyone is in the Bristol area on Sunday (only) the Bristol & South Glos SEC has its annual rally at Froglane Farm, Coalpit Heath near Bristol. It is a big site & there is always an interesting and varied turn out of engines plus (usually) some steam, bikes & cars.

There are also a number of stalls, mostly private rather than commercial. For a one day rally, it is a good show.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn