something for everyone

Plenty of albums of interest

Nick H Take a look at pic 5 on link below

Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H

Very interesting, would love to know more. I guess the centre unit is a high frequency alternator with the end one being an exiter?

BTW. Smith Motor-Wheel is US cousin of British Wall Auto-Wheel, which was itself based in 1/4 of the Belgian Fafnir motorcycle engine. Some years ago, when a WAW had appeared for identification in SEM, I speculated that its genesis lay in the availability of redundant Fafnir parts, that company having recently changed to fully mechanically operated valve gear in place of the automatic inlets.

Reply to
Nick H

Spent some time now looking through the other albums, loads of really interesting stuff. May I draw your collective attention (and particularly Kim) to the Waterman pumper and marine engines - the resemblance to the Watermota made in UK by Walter D Fair surely runs deeper than those shapely copper water jackets.

Reply to
Nick H