Stellite

I need to get some Stellite for hard-facing. The manufacturers have quoted me the following prices (in GBP Ex-VAT):

"We can offer Stellite 6 plain rod for TIG/Oxy-acetylene deposition. In hardsurfacing you need a larger rod than you would use for fabrication welding as the process is more akin to brazing.

Min order quantity 1Kg/ diameter

2.5 mm 62.98/kg 3.2 mm 36.92/kg 4.0 mm 33.88/kg 5.0 mm 31.17/kg

All prices ex works Swindon."

Question 1 - can anyone do it cheaper?

Question 2 - if I buy a kilo of 3.2 mm rod, would anyone like a couple of hundred grammes? I already have one taker besides myself.

Bear in mind that carriage and VAT will need adding - 200g will end up being about a tenner.

TTFN

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

How much do you need?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

In message , John Stevenson writes

A couple of lengths, really - see private reply.

Regards

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales