Surviving Stationary Engine Works

In message , Nick H writes

Likewise ;-)

About fifteen miles from me, in Shrewsbury, is the Sentinel Works where Sentinel steam lorries were made. I believe that the factory is now occupied by Vickers Aerospace, but the original Sentinel, a life-sized Crusader figure, still stands in his niche above the factory entrance, hands clasped on the pommel of his sword...

Regards

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

Bentall cars were apparently noted for their "oversquare" engines, so much so, that their 4 cylinder 16/20 with a 100mm bore, was taxed at 24.8 hp. Perhaps the message has been misinterpreted over time?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

That seems to be a distinct possibility. I will make a point of finding out.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Howard