T300 on eBay

Sold for a lot more than I'd have expected.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Bought on a 'Buy It Now' as well, seems a bit odd, they usually go for £50 to £120 at best.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

It looks like a military spec version with screw on HT leads. Does this affect the value? The fuel tank also seems quite small or is the perspective fooling me?

John

Reply to
John

The fuel tank also seems quite small or is the perspective fooling me?

John

God help us if you start seeing things in perspective :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

The one we had, which went on to Arthur Griffin also had a diddy tank, looked OK and there isn't much in the way of supports for anything bigger.

Lost our Broadband service over the past day or so, BT are supposed to be supplying 8mb service, we are getting slower than dial-up at present so have had to walk round to the factory to use the comupters there for some email and ebay stuff...

Peter

Prepair Ltd

My marine T300 has an appropriate tank from a JAP outboard engine & most tanks I've seen on T300 are not original. The one that came with the T300 generator engine I had from Roland Craven is, I believe, original.

My C-V MA2 has a very sexy brass tank, a curved lozenge in its original war paint.

The ABC MkII also has a temporary ubiquitous tank .........

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

"Kim Siddorn" wrote (snip):-

Both my T300 and the T600 I passed on to Kim have genuine Norman tanks:-

The first came from Mr Sparks and though it looks a little large, was apparently specified for T300's when longer periods of unattended running were required. The other is as fitted to the engine in its original application which I believe was a Greens mower or roller.

Reply to
Nick H

"Kim Siddorn" wrote (snip):-

Both my T300 and the T600 I passed on to Kim have genuine Norman tanks:-

The first came from Mr Sparks and though it looks a little large, was apparently specified for T300's when longer periods of unattended running were required. The other is as fitted to the engine in its original application which I believe was a Greens mower or roller.

Reply to
Nick H

I bought quite a few of these engines (T300) many years ago, new and boxed, and none of them had tanks with them. Maybe whosoever applied them to a particular job made tanks to suit? I've still got one that I kept back, filled with preservative oil, which has metal braided leads and a BTH mag.

Oily

Reply to
Oily

Now re-listed as buyer did not complete.

Reply to
Nick H

But the old listing has been taken off, sounds a little odd...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "This listing (140102667195) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number. If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it cancelled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay." ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Peter

Prepair Ltd