Urgent assistance required

Gentlemen,

Does anybody know how to use mail merge in word. I'm trying to create address labels and have created a data base in excel and I follow mail merge through tell it the data base which it accepts and when its finished all I get is blank labels. What have I missed.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Have you told it which cells to put into which position on the label in the word documnet?

Is the data in the excel file in a layout that word understands? I think it's normal to have each record on a single row with each column being an element such as Salutation, First Name, Last Name, etc.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Dave,

Yes I have done all that.

Thanks,

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Ink in the printer..? ;-) Try doing a print preview in worf to start with...

DH

Reply to
Dan Howden

Ink in the printer..? ;-) Try doing a print preview in worf to start with...

DH

No addresses there either

Reply to
campingstoveman

Sorted, all I need to do is change from American format to English, any thoughts.

Reply to
campingstoveman

"campingstoveman" wrote in message news:YLadnc8FcK3 snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Apply for naturalisation? :-)

Reply to
MatSav

I'm in the US. Email 'em to me next time, I can print them out, scan them for you, and fax you* some labels back in English format... ;-)

  • don't forget to pour some glue into your fax machine first.
Reply to
Jules