Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Busy Day... (Quite long)
Had quite a decent but busy day today, starting with some quite interesting discussions re the British Waterways boat safety scheme with one of their engineers. Quite out of the blue, but we were able...

Re: Bamford EG1
They were also also supplied in Grey.... Black flywheel rims and no highlighting of the Bamford name. Can look OK, but I personally much prefer the green. There's nothing stopping you painting it a...

Gen set
We spent last week on holiday in Yorkshire and visited the steam railway station in Embsay near Skipton. There is a generator set there, skid mounted with a Ricardo engine as driver. The condition is...
3
3

OT Uxbridge Auto Sunday this weekend.
Not an engine show (though I think there may be a few from Northolt Historic Engine Club this year) but a very good classic car show for any of you interested in that sort of thing. Excellent auto...

Pulleys
Anyone know where I can get a v-belt pulley to put on my engine to drive my pump: 'd rather have a flat belt one as they look nicer, but I haven't seen any in my travels yet, so where should I be...
4
4

Genset for Lister?
Anyone know where i might be able to aquire (beg,steal,borrow[forever].........or at a push BUY) a generator originally designed to run with a Lister D? ANY voltage, 12,24,110 or 240 will do, but it...

FS: Coventry Climax Auxilary Fire Pump
A friend of mine is selling a 1954 (ish) Coventry Climax Auxilary Fire Pump. Its located in Oxfordshire, buyer collects etc.. It has a low reserve (needs the space) and is on ebay for a week or so:

Metrogas for sale
While looking for Delco-light info on 'arcs & sparks' website I came across this:- it being on the cover of SEM some years ago. looks like a good few quids worth to me.

Pics of my restoration
Thought you all might like to take a look, the pics are on one of my sites here: :) http://iceforums.net/chris/engine.php
3
3

Re: Delco-light
Thanks Peter, Unfortunately 'Dr. Delco' doesn't seem to cover this particular model. Probably worth a letter though to see if he does have anything or if he knows if wiring is similar to any of the...
1
1

OT - a bit of fun
This made me smile ;o)) Kim Siddorn. http://www.takeaim.s1play.com/
4
4

Bodelwyddan Castle Photos
Hi All Took some pics of vintage machinery etc at the above show. Didn't take too many of engines as batteries in camera died. This is my first attempt at putting pics on the Webshots site, let me...
4
4

Burford photo's
Gentlemen, Three pics one amusing, one of a free ticket and one of a nice engine oh and one of Kim, please don't let the kids see it though :-)). More to follow. Martin P -- please replace email with...
2
2

Boddelwyddan & Gwaenynog
Visited BOTH events on Saturday and would just like to thank all the SE people who gave me loads of wonderful info & advice....... as I'm JUST starting in this lark. How nice to walk up to total...

Second engine?
As you may have read i've now restored my engine from a complete (ish) yet non working state, the piston was seized, to class 1 condition. I was wondering what's best to go for for a second engine,...
31
31