Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tabley house rally
I managed to get their for a few hours this afternoon. It is one of the best show sites I have seen. Beautiful stately home with a surrounding park & lake & very flat. Someone said that Turner found...
1
1

Burford
We went over this morning, left after feeding the nags at about 8.45 and got there around 10am, weather was absolutely gorgeous, a bit of cloud to start with but clear blue skies and strong sun all...
4
4

Re: Any big engine rallies to go to?
Welland Rally, near Malvern is always a good do - usually 200ish nice engines - quite a lot of group contributors tend to exhibit (watch out for my Tangye M and Pump). It's the weekend after next,...
10
10

Vincent Amanda engine.
Took Friday afternoon off to go and help Nick Meikle with the water scooter engine. The thing has loads of compression and practically no flywheel so Nick had been having trouble getting it over more...
2
2

Siemens Dynamo
Hi All Have discussed briefly the purchase of the Dynamo on these pages, have now had chance to put some pics up. comments on the finer points of DC theory and suggested wiring will be appreciated. If...
3
3

Help! First engine restoration won't fire up!
Hey all, i've still got my first stationary engine, (yup you guessed it, a D-type), got it when I was younger, i'm now 18 and have been restoring it. Chris Bedo (he posts on here sometimes) has been...
10
10

Re: The weekend
Sounds like a good garage!
10
10

Farm Machinery Preservation Society Rally
I have put a report and some pics of last weeks rally at Gosfield, Essex here:-- Farm Machinery Preservation Society Vintage Rally Report 2003
2
2

Burford Rally
I was talkingto one of the organisers , and they have over 200 engines booked in. I will be arriving on Friday evening, along with the 6 hp Atomic, and Worthington pump, as I have decided to give the...
9
9

Proteus Gas Turbines
Hi, Thanks to all those that gave help from the original request for info. The two turbines are being collected in a couple of weeks. The history behind them is quite interesting and the South Western...

Bristol SE club Rally.
I've tidied up some of the photos and you can see them all in a new album at Kim Siddorn.

Felt oil filter supplier
I need a felt oil filter for my Coventry Climax SM engine. I got some joy here: said they had a suitable filter but when I asked then if they had the right filter rather than just a suitable filter...
3
3

Re: Briggs & Stratton price?
Spooky! If it wasn't for it being Stateside, it might be the same engine! Regards, Kim Siddorn. "Nick Highfield" wrote Bit like this then:- > (poor photo's). eBay Mobile

Clock wise - counter Clockwise.
Ho Great Sage's. Please excuse my ignorance for I am unlearned and still an apprentice. Well that's the grovelling done. I have a Wolseley WDII and while on show at Astle Park it was pointed out that...
9
9

Microscopic engines
I was watching Richard & Judy on CH4 at 17.15 tonight. A chap was showing a new microscopic I/C engine a 1/4 the size of a penny. He said that they were nearly at the point where a wristwatch could be...
4
4