Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Corbett root chopper
I have recently acquired a root chopper made by S. Corbett & sons from Wellington, Salop. I'm trying to find out any information I can about it. It had been dressed up as a garden ornament and i'm...

Paint
Does plain ol' spray paint (most likely the rustoleum stuff) generally last well on engines? It's been OK on a couple of my 80's-era lawn tractor engines with alloy blocks, but I'm not sure about cast...

dennis diesel engine
6 cyl 4 valves per cylinder ser no 131657 E485 FIRE ENGINE/PUMP OR BUS ENGINE MAY BE 06 ? MODEL INFO MANUALS AGE

Little Jumbo Model P
Hi I have a Little Jumbo Model P and would be interested to know if anybody has a manual for it

dateing my crossley ph 1030, engine no 103528
hi, just brought my first engine, would like to know how old it is. its plate has engine no 103528 , bhp 3 and revs 650. also where i can buy parts for it. cheers Bruce
4
4

What's happening
Apart from yesterday's posting it seems very quiet within the group this year. Geoff
2
2

Request for help with Lister Bruston generator switchboard dimensions
My brother Geoff is looking for dimensions of the slate switchboard of a Lister (Bruston?) generating set (like the one shown in April 2011 'Stationary Engine', or on P24 of the September 2005 issue)....
3
3

O/T jet doing a low pass
I know there's a lot of youtube clips but this is the lowest I've ever seen

Petter engine and Manus pump for sale (now with pictures)
Hi folks, A couple of months ago I advertised a Petter A1 engine and Manus milking set for sale. They're still available, so here's an updated advertisement with pictures. I had always intended to...

Generator running
Well a Briggs & Stratton generator finally made its way to the top of the list today. It was a fairly simple job to get it going fortunately. I'd last tried running it some years ago but it was...

engine fault .. help needed
i have a engine, make unknown. it a single cylinder petrol oil mix, its not very old, couple of years, when its started from cold or hot, it runs fine for about 5 to 10 mins, then it runs as though...
10
10

Lister FR
Anybody know anything about fettling the changeover valves? mine are very smokey

Manus milking set, Petter A1 engine and 00 gauge model railway available
Hi folks, I have several items in need of new homes. I have too many machines in my parents' barn, and with the possibility that I may be going to work in Germany this year, I need to rationalise my...

Tangye Register & Web Page
G'Day All There are a good number of surviving Tangye engines and other equipment in Australia and other Commonwealth counties. After a lot of discussion on another forum from owners trying to...
2
2

Petter S type sprayer nozzles
These are now being made by David Holyoake. I supplied copies of the original drawings and have tested a nozzle, as have others. It looked, measured and performed very well. IMHO they are cheaper and...