Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cycloidal drives
I made this recently as a CAD & laser-cutting exercise in plywood, mostly as some promotional guff for our Steampunk Festival in Chepstow this weekend, the Waltz on the Wye

Enstone
My diary says it's Enstone sale this weekend. Is anyone else going?
1
1

running on compressed air - timing changes?
Just out of interest, when folk run stationary steam engines on compressed air, do they normally make changes to the valve timing? I believe that normally inlet and exhaust valves are closed a little...

SE Magazines for sale
I have a batch of 56 issues of Stationary Engine magazine for sale. They date from August 1992 to July 1997 (November 1992 and April 1994 are definitely missing). Condition is good but not quite...

O.T Help to identify a print
I managed to buy a beautiful print from the local car boot today to enhance my reading of my collection of Hornblower novels! I even got the price down to £4. Can anyone help me to identify the...
1
1

Snapon toolbox looking for a good home
Anyone interested in an old & battered Snap-On three draw tool chest? Free from Reading - I am getting too old to lift the thing when my tools are in it!
6
6

pressurised coolant
How high do piston engined planes pressurise the glycol-water mix? and what compensates as the outside air pressure decreases with altitude? Sitting in a traffic jam yesterday while I watched the pug...
2
2

From Another Place... (A rare bit of nostalgia)
Re-posted from Hello, I'm Roger Murray, welcome to my web site. Read on if you have the patience!

Homebrew stud extractor
You know when you want to extract a short, unbroken stud from a casting without damaging it, but it's stuck tight? Well I never found a good way. But I had an idea this afternoon. I took a hex nut,...
4
4

Surplus mechanical and electrical stuff
I need to clear some space. Does anyone have a use for any of the following? Free to anyone who needs them for a project. Collect from Shropshire/Staffordshire border: - Big Hobart filter coffee...
5
5

electric motor refurb near Bristiol?
Hi I am looking for a starter motor/ alternator sevice engineer who might be able to clean up a Vetus Bowthruster motor that has been underwater and has got a bit mankey it has never been used but was...
2
2

Its a shame
Gentlemen, Its a shame but the rats are starting to leave the ship, its not sinking yet so maybe some more rats may come aboard :-)) Martin P
6
6

Transformer help needed
Well I've traced what I think is a fault on my genny to an open circuit 3 phase transformer. It's delta wired with quite thin primary and thicker secondary. All 3 primary windings show open circuit...
3
3

Another genny problem
We have several small generators at our Saxon site. Three of them are Hondaish, 2.2kva , all have single bolt brushless armatures. I don't think that any of them have heat sensitive resets - at least...
2
2

Outlook Express
Gentlemen, Yesterday I treated myself to a Notebook which I can take away with me when working away from home, I'm very impressed with it but in Outlook Express it has one minor quirk and that is the...
2
2