2007 list

"Craig Douglas" wrote

Now I've got my glasses on, the following might redress that situation:-

TRAIN PACKS R2467 PENDOLINO TRAIN PACK R2568 THE DEVON BELLE PULLMAN R2569 THE TALISMAN (Late BR A3) R2610 Caledonian Single + 3 Caledonian coaches R2611 Regional Railways (Yellow) Pacer Cl142 R2663 Scotrail Sleeper Train Pack R4228 The Northumbrian Coach Pack 3 x Gresley Coaches R4251 THE DEVON BELLE PULLMAN CAR PACK R4252 THE TALISMAN COACH PACK R4254 Venice Simplon Orient Express Car Pack R4255 Master Cutler Coach Pack

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Corporate Blue but with full yellow ends and a large arrow logo

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

Didn't the yellow wrap around the cab sides?

Reply to
Jerry

Yep.

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

Thanks for that John,

So,

From the 2007 range, it looks like it'll be a caley single set and a coal drop set for me this year, which does look pretty good. (And of course the usual ebay watch for LNER liveried models)

I may have to re-think my general avoidance of those terrible chunky hornby

0-6-0s

What are the latest ones like? (J13, J83) have they had any significant improvements to the running[motor and pickup] since the 80s? Do they still have those crappy moulded couplings?

I also notice that the N2 has a 5 pole motor these days, is it a significant improvement on the airfix one?

Craig

Reply to
Craig Douglas

"Craig Douglas" wrote

Not terrific in my estimation, perhaps ok for the toy market.

I think it is. The body moulding is virtually unchanged but it is now fitted with a 5-pole can motor which gives much smoother and quieter operation.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Graham Thurlwell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d.thurlwell.btopenworld.com:

Certainly that was a usual clause with those I had to sign when I was involved in game development, togther with "we know where you live" (they were American companies) :-)

On a more practical note, if I had broken any NDA I wouldn't have been offered any more work - ever, and as the field I was invloved in a very close community I wouldn't have worked for *anyone* again.

Reply to
Chris Wilson