47714 outshopped in Anglia livery - web photo

Go to

and click on "Latest News".

Looks nice, pity the bogies and underframe equipment weren't repainted too!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

It's OK, I suppose... but I prefer 4771 to 47714 - sorry!!

David.

Reply to
David F.

Nice livery,suits it - see what you mean about the bogies and underframe.It also appears to have no number on the side of the loco - strange - unless its on the rear cab robdog

Reply to
robdog

underframe.It

It looks like the number *is* on the other cab, similar to the 86's which I think have them on both sides at the same end, No.2 (pantograph end) - the same as on this 47. Can't wait to see the other side to check"

John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Anglia locos usually have the number on the right-hand end, if you were looking from the side, and there does appear to be something white painted at the far end. A good paint job all round, the small yellow warning panel suits it.

--

***
*** Updated 05 October, now 554 images online. Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)

Yes, it looks nice, much nicer than that scruffy red. (Wouldn't it have been funny if it had been painted in Barbie to match the 360s/175s!)

The small warning panel matches the 153(s?) which are in Anglia colours. (Below the windows, everything else is green.)

Reply to
Darren

I note the bloody driver has a f*ckin cigarette packet in his pocket that doesn't match this w*nking era.

On a gentler note - it's a pity my newbie question about the high centre of gravity of Hornby rolling stock has been so badly treated.

Regards

Reply to
Shooter

Eh? What bloody driver? What f*ckin cigarette packet? Which picture are you looking at?

It's a pity you took so much offence at the advice you were given, especially considering the tone of your reply to my message is worse than what you're complaining about!

John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Nice. The only minor gripe is the upper white stripe. It would have looked better if it was terminated behind each cab rather than carried above the cab door and window.

Reply to
roger.marks

Has it been painted inside to????

Looks very clean inside!

Reply to
Tom Burton

more photo's:

Darren

Good pics - I feel a future model repaint project coming on... Not sure about the white on the cabsides though - I would have ended the white strip before the cab doors.

--

***
*** Updated 05 October, now 554 images online. Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)
Reply to
Rich Mackin

Yes same here after my model of 47200 in Cotswold Rail livery is finished that is!

Nick

Nick Gurney

Nice :) Silver or light grey? I've been considering a CR loco after seeing the livery guide that came with the current Model Rail, but I'm not sure how the silver will come out... Plus, I'll have to hang on for the CR transfers, too.

--

***
*** Updated 05 October, now 554 images online. Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)
Reply to
Rich Mackin

Now all they have to do is install TDM and we can have a real 47/7 + DBSO operation again. Perfect for the Norwich - Yarmouths! ;-)

47714 was always my favourite after catching up 20 minutes between Portlethen and Glasgow back in 1985, with a Mk3 + DBSO set which included a Mk1 BG plus Mk3 SLEP ahead of the loco.

GreenArrow

Reply to
"GreenArrow"

"John Lancaster" wrote

Am I missing something? Why have Anglia suddenly gone into the class 47 business?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

47714, on hire from Cotswold Rail, is the Norwich thunderbird, and gets regular trips out onto the mainline during the Great Yarmouth drags.

--

***
*** Updated 05 October, now 554 images online. Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)
Reply to
Rich Mackin

"Rich Mackin" wrote

Cheers, thought it might be something like that.

John

Reply to
John Turner

GASP!!! What's this?

ANOTHER GREEN ARROW ?!?!?!

Dratt - I forgot to register my trademark again!

Welcome, fellow Green Arrow. Do you have links with the Engine, or are you just a fellow Steam Enthusiast?

Regards,

David / GreenArrow

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
David F.

Hi "GreenArrow4771"

I'm primarily a general rail enthusiast, but my version of the name stems from my other interest - Skoda cars. Their logo is a "winged arrow", which in recent years has been coloured green. Of course the Industrial division of Skoda built many fine steam locomotives in the past, several of which are preserved and AFAIK still operate in the Czech Republic on specials.

"GreenArrow" seemed to combine the two interests quite well. I have a "GreenArrow800" e-mail as well, so if you prefer I can call myself "GreenArrow800" to avoid any confusion :-)

Or else I could use "Arrow67017" which keeps me away from steam altogether! ;-)

Any thoughts folks?

GreenArrow800 (not GreenArrow4771)

Reply to
"GreenArrow"