Poll: Liveries

Hi all,

If you could choose 3 existing or to-be-released models from manufacturers to be released in new (prototypical) liveries, what would they be?

My choices:

  • Bachmann Class 170 - Hull Trains
  • Hornby Class 60 - GWR
  • Bachmann Class 66 - DRS
Reply to
Rich Mackin

- Bachmann MKI's in Maroon with WR numbers

- Hornby 100T tankers with liveries/company names for the earlier

1980-1985 period

- Bachmann 37/0 in BR Blue with WR number

Graham

Reply to
gppsoftware

Bachman are doing a DRs 66, see post above about class 66

Reply to
piemanlarger

Good to hear - if Bachmann get it right, that'll be at least 3 on order for me!

Reply to
Rich Mackin

It'll be 66405 with Malcom Logistics branding, and not the flying compass logo!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

"Rich Mackin" wrote

I'd go along with the Hull Trains 170, but I suspect this is now unlikely to happen with these units due to be replaced with class 222 Meridians in the relatively near future. Totally out of period for my modelling era, but I'd still buy one I reckon.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

It's pretty much a moot point now, given how bad the model looks in photos.

Reply to
Rich Mackin

Photo's of a pre-production model which doesn't have the moulded window seals painted black? Wait for the production model to appear and make your judgment then, my friend!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Commiserations :o(

Maybe painting the window surrounds black might go someway towards disguising it.

Reply to
Ben C

Hornby BR blue class 56 Hornby railfreight grey class 31 Hornby railfreight grey class 58

Lee

Reply to
ViP

"ViP" wrote

Nah! Heljan Railfreight grey class 58!!!!

Please!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

When it arrives, not holding my breath. ;-)

One to add would be bachmann 37/0 railfreight grey aswell.

Reply to
ViP

In message , ViP may have written...

How about Hornby retooling the J83 and Caley Pug? And of course putting them out in proper NBR and CR colours. And maybe a B12 with the 'backpacker' unit. Oh go on, please...

But ignoring the wish lists. Bachmann 37/0 and 37/4 in Large Logo, and a couple of 37/0s in Railfreight sectors.

Reply to
James Christie

Just checking Hattons, I thought Heljan done a 47 in RF grey but they dont, just in red stripe, that would be another want. ;-)

manufacturers

Reply to
ViP

They have, it's 47211. See

It was released in December 2003 at the same time as red stripe 47340. Rails of Sheffield are currently auctioning one on Ebay at
otherwise shop around!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Sorry, the Heljan link doesn't work on it's own. Visit

(click on the Union Jack for the English translation), then from the drop-down menu under "Products", select "OO Rolling Stock". You then need to go along to page 13.

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Yep I just noticed it in the heljan catalogue i got from warley, thought they did do 1.

-