4mm fallplates

Hi all I'm building a J39 loco and wish to fit a fallplate. The real thing used a sheet metal with a chequered pattern embossed. Could someone please tell me if anyone sells a suitably embossed sheet for fallplates in 4mm scale?

Thanks in anticipation. John

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

"rj.richardson" wrote

Slater's do chequer-plate Plastikard, but I don't think it is to 4mm scale.

Why worry about the pattern; in position between loco & tender it would barely be visible.

I have plain 10thou black Plastikard fall-plates on most of my tender loco's, and they look just fine.


Reply to
John Turner


Westwood, Jackson Evans and Craftsman all make items which you may find suitable. Go to the Mainly Trains website

formatting link
and type in "fall plate" and "fallplate" into the search engine. The Craftsman item may fit your requirements.

Hope this helps.

-- Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I think some rubber from a bicycle puncture repair outfit does the job perfectly, it has the diamond pattern on it and has the added advantage of being flexible for any curves!

Regards Martin

Reply to
Martin Livingstone

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.