Airfix/Hornby on BBC website

er, why would we want a phone contract for a games machine?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

The two are unconnected. Apparently you have to have a 'mobile' whether you need one or not. Which particular firm you get it from seems to depend on what else they throw in with the contract. Previously, it was free access to the broadband lines many of us had already paid £24.99* a month for thus overloading the system.

(kim)

*Carphone Warehouse have since reduced the monthly tariff to £14.99 as belated compensation for the overloaded lines.
Reply to
kim

beamendsltd said the following on 10/12/2007 13:58:

Ah well - the nature of bidding means that the buyer sets the price not the seller! The BINs looked high to me though, but then, to me £20 would be high! The "not really got any stock" sellers are the dodgy ones I mentioned. When myself and a colleague were researching the eBay market before listing his, the best bet seemed to be private sellers who had one they didn't want.

I hadn't thought of that one!!!!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Dragon Heart said the following on 10/12/2007 13:34:

I'm not sure that it was them, but same sort of deal.

Um - so what is a Wii then? I think it means you can play games :-)

Reply to
Paul Boyd

For some value of "months". We got one form Game not too many months ago, in time for christmas. There are plenty around but you will not get ant bargains. The conspiracy theorists say it's in Nintendo's interest to manage supply and keep the product "hot" thus maintaining margins.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

That's quite likely, but if so it has back-fired somewhat - Sony are making a killing out of mopping up the pieces! (Ref: BBC web site).

Certainly we gave up and got a PS2 - No.2 Son says we apparently did the right thing anyway - being the target audience I'll take his word for it!

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Are they making as big a killing as Nintendo? Will their margins hold out in the way Nintendo's ahve for the last 12 months?

We have both Wii and PS2 now. The Wii is infinitely more fun (officially it's embargoed until Xmas day in our house, but I had to have a go)!

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

We have both

PS2 gets a lot more use, the games are better.

PS2 has some clever controllers also, Eyetoy webcam, microphone, Buzz buzzers, Logitec steering wheels, dance mats.

Reply to
Martin

Depends what you want out of them, I suppose.

But do all of the controllers work across all the games? Certainly didn't used to be the case with the eyetoy.

Do any of them include motion sensors like the Wii controllers? They add a whole new dimension (well, 3 actually!).

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

You don't have the PS3 yet?

MartinS

When your credit card limit is cut by £5000 you tend to get a bit stuffed.

I hate Halifax!

Reply to
Martin

From Hull, Hell and Halifax, good Lord deliver us...