Anyone tried printing onto Plasticard?

The first rule of paper or card model making is to use 3 or odd numbers of layers, for the same reason that ply wood is always made of odd numbers of layers, the layers tend to counter warping. Second rule is that you MUST seal the surfaces - shellacing was the normal method in the past, but some artists sprays should have the same effect. With those two techniques, paper models should be robust enough to have a long life where they are not directly handled.

Regards, Greg.P.

m> I was thinking the same thing but concluded that several layers of lightly

Reply to
Greg Procter

I use the special 'MAGIC Plastic' sheets that are sold for just this purpose, it is pure white and takes very high quality images beautifully. The plastic will not change shape unless exposed to temperatures well in excess of 100 degrees C. Even if your attic gets hot in the summer I doubt if it gets THAT hot!

HTH

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Andrew

many many thanks for this one!!!

more info please Andrew - price - location where I can purchase - thickness etc.

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Just do a google search for the phrase 'Magic Plastic DeskJet printer'

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Doesn't get me any links to the stuff, just to a pile of HP deskjets, and indirect refs to vinyl printing.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

| >>etc. | >

| > Just do a google search for the phrase 'Magic Plastic DeskJet printer' | >

| > Andrew | >

| | Doesn't get me any links to the stuff, just to a pile of HP deskjets, | and indirect refs to vinyl printing.

There is also something called "Fantastic Plastic C2547" by Avery which they say will accept inkjet inks. I received a free sample a while ago but have not used it yet, so cannot say how well it works. Might be worth checking out their website.....avery.co.uk

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor

Try this:-

HTH

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

That's the stuff, I was at work when I posted the original and forgot it's proper name

HTH

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew