Bachmann Blue Pullman

Well, as I was saying before my keyboard took over---- Bachmann appear to be reacting to this demand as they have in the past.

As they were relatively short lived and limited in their operations one could perhaps understand the apparant lack of interest but I think that the EBay prices indicate a healthy demand. The effect of cutting out so many models and spare chassis has had a huge effect on lowering the amount of steam outline available.

Personally I think that both of the main manufacturers have missed a market in which complete chassis and bodies are available.

Peter A

Reply to
Sailor

"simon" wrote

Could it not be Mr K who is rumour-mongering? ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Sailor" wrote

There are probably 10-20 decent sets offered on eBay each year, and I suspect the main demand for them is for the centre cars to strengthen existing sets.

That to me doesn't confirma a healthy demand, just a relatively small number of potential buyers who want an extra centre car or two.

Also bear in mind that the £20+ for centre cars alone on eBay doesn't come close to the likely £30-45 price for new ones from Bachmann (or any other manufacturer for that matter).

I reckon a production run of around 1,500 centra cars by Hornby would pretty much soak up any real demand, providing the price for them was sensible.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Chris Wilson" wrote

Did Olivia's deserve to be 'in' in the first place? Any organisation asking for a £75 deposit up front with order, for something which may or may not be produced, in my book isn't very professional. Especially so when there was apparently no guarantee that centre cars would follow.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In person perhaps but not on a public forum :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"John Turner" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

Good point - I hadn't noted that a deposit was being asked for, not really my area of interest.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Can't say as I blame them, after all anyone that likes diesels is probably a bit flighty !

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"Likes Diesels" - Huhh? =8^O

Reply to
Greg Procter

"simon" wrote

Rumbled at last - I like diesels. Mind you I also like those antiquated water boilers too! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Already knew about your preferences John, took that into account when came to conclusion ;-)

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon