Blackburn show

Anyone going to Blackburn show on the 16th? Its many years since I last went but I think I'll have a look this year. Mike H

Reply to
jimedvic

I certainly hope to go, but not decided which day yet! For the benefit of others, the associated website is at

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Thanks for the link, will try to get there.

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

Or even

for a shorter link!!

I'll be there, playing with DCC on one of Blackburn's new projects!

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

Ooh, picky!!! ;o)

Looking forward to seeing you then!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

When I was younger I went to the Blackburn show every year without fail ... (went to school at QEGS) ... still at KG Halls? Anyway you probably won't remember but one year back in the 70s a layout of "Helmshore" was exhibited, don't know if you've still got some older members from the period still knocking around but I'd be interested to hear what happened to it.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

message

Helmshore was sold about 3 years ago........ The club's 7mm layout is now "Brinklow", appearing for the first time as "work in progress". It's 30+ feet long roundy-roundy!!

And yes - the exhibition is still at King George's Hall.

HTH, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

I will be there as well on the Demo Stand. Probably showing EasyDCC, simple baseboard construction and Scale7 - and anything else that takes the onlookers' fancy.

Mick Bryan wrote:

Reply to
Dick Ganderton