British Rail nameplates

Hi,

dunno if people here can help but I am looking for photos of the nameplates for the 6P Clan class Loco's and the 7P Brittannias. I have been able to find 3/4 shots etc but I am looking for straight side on views of them. Strangely enough the one I have been able to find is the nameplate for Hengist, a loco that never existed in service!

yours hopefully

Reply to
estarriol

Hengist Khan? ;-)

Reply to
MartinS

Was it an iron Horsa?

Reply to
Brian Watson

Also like the Clan loco's particularly Clan MacGregor but here is one I found

Brian Seamens

Thank you, that is exactly what I am looking for, just need the other 9 Clans and the 7p's now.

Reply to
estarriol
7P Brittannias. I have been able to

for 70009 Alfred the Great and I'm sure there are others on site but I can't locate them ...

Reply to
turbo

In message , estarriol writes

Try a Google images search on locomotive nameplate - three pages of results, although not all exactly what you want. Variations of the search may find improved results.

Reply to
Graeme Eldred

and substitute the other names

72000 Clan Buchanan 72001 Clan Cameron 72002 Clan Campbell 72003 Clan Fraser 72004 Clan Macdonald 72005 Clan Macgregor 72006 Clan Mackenzie 72007 Clan Mackintosh 72008 Clan Macleod 72009 Clan Stewart
Reply to
Brian Seamens

72000 Clan Buchanan
Clan Cameron
72002 Clan Campbell
Clan Fraser nothing found 72004 Clan Macdonald nothing found 72005 Clan Macgregor nothing found 72006 Clan Mackenzie (no nameplate)
Clan Mackintosh
Clan Macleod
Clan Stewart
Brian Seamens

Since no one else has asked, why?

If it's to acquire etched nameplates for a 4mm model then they are already available from Fox transfers.

(kim)

Reply to
kim