Club in YORK ?

I am looking for any information about a model railway club in York to join, despite various enquiries I have been unable to find any , with all York railway connections (and model railway exhibition) I find it hard to believe that there isn't one, can anyone point me in the right direction

-- Settle - Carlisle Yahoogroup; For News, Views and Queries, Try;

dunstable.dasher

"dunstable.dasher" wrote

There used to be several but I can't think of any now off the top of my head. Even the annual York Model Railway Show cannot rely on local club support with many societies from outside the immediate area, including Hull, being intrumental in staffing the event.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

We have a small club in Thirsk which has members from all over the area. You would be very welcome to come and visit. E-mail me if you want some details.

RichC

Reply to
RichC

"dunstable.dasher" wrote

Made some enquiries of friends from York and they don't know of any either.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I have had a further think about this. There is a 2mm modular group based in York. Also there was a small group that used to run a show in the Huntington / Haxby Road School each year which was the "YMRC" which is different to the group which organises the York Model Railway show at Easter.

If you are still looking for details e-mail me and i will see if I can find the details.

RichC

Reply to
RichC