Dapol stand @ Warley

Hi,

Just in case anyone is thinking of going along to the Dapol stand to buy some of their new N gauge goodies off them, there won't be any stock there !!

I enquired about the availability of purchasing some of their unpainted 21t hoppers and received the following reply :

No, sorry. There has been a complete change in emphasis for Dapol when it comes to shows and we will not be selling. We will be solely promotional like Hornby. There are so many more stockists taking Dapol now that it would be extremely unfair of us to sell at the same venues as well. However please do come and see us and view the new - and upcoming - products on stand A42

regards

K R Grindley Sales Manager

So you will have to fight over whatever stocks the retailers have brought with them.

Cheers Paul

Reply to
Paul Harrison

So the deluge will be solely on the Bachamnn stand with people paying the full price despite the opposing stand having the same stuff at a discounted price...............

Mike Parkes snipped-for-privacy@mphgate.removetoreply demon.co.uk

Reply to
Mike Parkes

The message from "Paul Harrison" contains these words:

For two years running I've watched folk buying stock from the Dapol stand, and buying it as though no more would be made - ever.

They were buying it at RRP, and were doing so happily, when just a few yards away the same items were available at a discount at the stand of a "normal" stockist. I have a degree in Mean (according to my kids) so you can guess where I bought my supplies of Dapol rolling stock.

Dapol have just accepted the situation.

Reply to
David Jackson

Its a pity they have no stock in as I have a few locos that they could exchange for me. They run like as they were thrown together, But I forgot Dapol will not replace items returned directly to them under gaurenty.

Reply to
Paul

"Paul" wrote

That's why we won't stock Dapol products!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Well, UK Sale of Goods rules say that you should take it up with the retailer who sold it, not the maker. So perhaps Dapol are correct ?

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe

"Nigel Cliffe" wrote

That's strictly correct of course, but if Dapol had anything about them they'd bend over backwards to keep their customers sweet. After all it shouldn't make much difference to them whether they get faulty goods for rectification or exchange from the retailer or the end-user, unless of course there's the need for a refund.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Reply to
Paul

Whilst you or I may prefer to return stuff directly to the maker, the maker is acting with legal correctness to refer you to their retailers. I'm not saying its good customer practise.

I don't have any Dapol products, they've not impressed me enough to make me spend money on them. But that applies to most makers stuff. Usually I'd rather scratchbuild slightly obscure things than run RTR.

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe

"Paul" wrote

That's no longer the case, I think the agreement between Bachmann & Bob Russell has recently expired. I'm pretty sure that Bachmann now do all Farish warranty repairs in house.

Never had any serious problem getting Fairsh (or Bachmann) stuff repaired, although at times it has taken longer than I might have liked.

John.

Reply to
John Turner