Dapol 14xx - Comments?

Has anyone tried this engine out in anger yet, I have read a few reviews, non of which were very clear as to its running, is it a jackrabit that overtakes express engines or is it a competent slow runner. Any comments welcome, its not my money I would be spending if I get one.

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Should we assume that you are talking about the N gauge model and not the ex Airfix OO gauge model which they made / sold some years back ?!...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Hi Mike,

I would suggest joining the N Gauge Yahoo Group to find out.

There are quite a few members with 14xxs running (including one powering an M7!) so you should get all the info you need.

I gather the feedback on the model has been really positive, though I'm a MI man myself...

Dapol have listned to early criticism and will be blackening the wheels and motion for future releases.

I'd like to congratulate Dapol for listening to modellers and making modifications to their locos - they have also reduced the coupling distance on the latest 73s and delayed the release of the InterCity version due to the roof being the wrong colour.

Wouldn't it be nice if all manufacturers would be willing to do the same?

Regards, Adam Warr, Peterborough UK Electra Railway Graphics

Fotopic Site:

Adam

Yes, you have to register and allow Yahoo! to set cookies so it can let you in next time.

Reply to
MartinS

Once you have registered you can opt for the messages by e-mail - cookies off once again.

Mike Parkes snipped-for-privacy@mphgate.removetoreply demon.co.uk

Reply to
Mike Parkes