Dapol Change of Plan Announced Mid-day

Following is taken from Dapol website.

During mid 2005 Dapol announced that they would be releasing Stanier Coaches in N gauge at the Warley 2006 Show. However, due to customer comment, feedback and demand they have decided to postpone this model and instead they have decided to manufacture a series of GRESLEY COACHES.

Already at the early stages of production, these models are being produced using brand new tools, and will be released at the Warley 2006 Show.

Initial body designs will be 3rd Class, 1st Class and Brake Composite. Buffet cars will also be included but 'Sleepers' are still under review.

As with all Dapol N gauge Coaches, the models will have highly detailed interiors and will be produced with a range of alternative running numbers to enable our customers to create a pro-typical rake.

However, Dapol would like to involve customers in the choice of the actual livery to be initially produced. There are of course three main liveries to consider: Teak, BR Maroon, BR Crimson and Cream.

Therefore Dapol have added an extra section within their 'Contact page' below, where customers vote for their own particular favourite choice of livery. By mid 2006, Dapol will collect all of the comments and will make the 'most requested' livery as their initial model. Furthermore, from all of the 'most requested' responses received, Dapol will randomly select one customer and will present to that person one of each of the initial release of Gresley Coaches.

Reply to
David Westerman

If only hornby and Bachmann were so customer friendly!!

If only Dapol were doing more 00!!!

Reply to
Piemanlarger

Yes, we would have no LMS stock at all.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

In message , kim writes

Is that such a bad thing?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Err Jane, tempting fate there a bit I think.

Best not go there.

Reply to
Yado

No ;)

Reply to
Rich Mackin

One needs to remind ones self how things used to be (in the RTR field) not so many years ago, things were alright if you wanted to model a GWR branch line or a LMS mainline but if you wanted to model BR, SR or - God forbid - the LNER you were out of luck...

I see an lot of ground levelling but not much bias.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Is this a desperate attempt to pursuade JT to sell their products again?! ;o)

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

"John Lancaster" wrote

LOL - it won't work! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

The LNWR made up over half the LMS so how many LNWR types are there available in RTR form, approximately, in round figures?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

A very round O!

Not so sure that the LNWR made up half the LMS - the Midland wasn't that much smaller and you need to remember the L&Y (which I know was technically absorbed by the LNWR the year before grouping), LT&SR, FR, M&C, the Wirral, NLR, G&SWR, CR and HR along with the various interests in Ireland, and joint lines such as the S&D and the M&GN, etc.

Anyway I don't recall many of the pre-grouping companies being much represented by ready-to-run coaching stock.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Not precisely scale models, but Hornby did do a purported Caledonian

0-4-0T and 4-wheel coaches some time back. The L&Y pug has certainly appeared in pre-grouping colours (as has the Terrier, of course). That's probably about it for OO, though, as the Hornby Dean Goods is in a regrettably late condition :(

The best representation of any pre-group railway from the locomotive perspective is probably the NER in N, thanks to Union Mills. Coaches, however, woudl appear to be more of a problem..

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Who was mentioning pre grouping, you certainly were not - "Yes, we would have no *LMS* stock at all"...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

The LMS continued using ex-LNWR types for many years after grouping and indeed BR continued using them for many years after nationalisation yet they are not represented at all in RTR model form. That isn't so much "ground levelling" as "ethnic cleansing".

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Hornby, or maybe it was then Tri-ang, brought out Caledonian Grampian stock to go with their model of the Caley Single - that was way back in the 60s.

They were built on one of the standard chassis so didn't have the six wheel bogies and were a bit shorter than prototype. But they actually looked quite good from a reasonable distance - I can remember a long rake of them being pulled by a model of a Cardean on my club layout in Glasgow at the time.

And I think they brought out GWR stock to go with their Lord of the Isles, but I'm not sure about that.

Now I am :-)

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

wanted

Please tell me were I can find RTR GNR Quad-ark stock, or LNER tourist stock, or LNER suburban stock.... Take you selfish blinkers off!

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

The Triang GWR Clerestory coaches are quite nicely moulded, but they don't match any specific diagram. I have seen various conversions by stitching coaches together to correct lengths, but that doesn't really qualify as RTR :-) Cheers, Bill.

Reply to
Bill Davies

The same place you can find a Gresley BG. You see that was used widely by the London-Midland region as well :o)

I'm not asking for ex-LNWR coaching stock. I'm asking for extensively used major loco types such as the Super-D, Webb "Cauliflower" and Precursor.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

blinkers

widely by

extensively used

Precursor.

And I'm calling [1] for extensively used major loco types such as the GNR / LBSCR large Atlantic, the ex GCR ROD etc...

What you are asking for is not loco's that are any more worthy, just what you personally want, noting more and nothing less.

[1] but not expecting to get anytime soon - go on Bachmann, prove me wrong!...
Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Can't be having the ROD 2-8-0, cos that was used by the LNWR as well as the GWR and LSWR plus many of the LNER constituents, and that would be Useful.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Illingworth