Heysham MR electric motor coaches

Trying to sort out the livery for the MR motor coaches used on the Heysham line but I am not certain the livery is right - I have found only one photograph -

Electric coach at Heysham, 1908 Science_&_Society_Picture_Library_10445475

This looks like it may have a pale colour upper panels, but as far as I am aware the MR only ever used lined maroon.

Anyone any thoughts on this?

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Mike,

I've just checked the books I have on Midland coaching stock and it would look as though the Midland EMU stock was painted in a similar style to other Midland coaching stock. The books are "Midland Railway Carriages" by Dow and Lacy and "Midland Carriages" by Jenkinson and Essery. Both books have several pictures of the units where the livery looks the same as was used on Clayton square panelled clerestory stock or the steam railmotors. Neither book makes any mention of any livery on the electric stock which would have deviated from the standard Midland procedures

Appendix III in "Midland Carriages" gives full details of Midland.coaching liveries.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Many thanks for that.

It may be a trick of the light, apparently the sheen on MR coaching stock was exceptionally deep. Thanks for checking, I'll 'paint' it in lined red (exact colour matching will need to wait a bit, I'm working on a laptop at the moment.

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike