Hornby and global warming

Well no, those of us whose budget only allows the purchase of a UKP9.99 Britannia or a UKP99.99 Britannia miss out and those companies who might produce said model within our budget range are discouraged due to the existing product.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Sort of like Blair and Bush?

Reply to
Greg Procter

After that comes Africa, then Europe, then the USa!

Not to worry, you will still be able to afford NZ lamb and Polynesian handwoven coconut palm table place mats

Reply to
Greg Procter

Stop using facts to try and win the argument!!!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

I've got a better idea - you're in the trade and have the contacts and the credibility - why don't you ask Hornby to contract their manufacturing to Peco. Or ask Peco to offer a new range in competition with Hornby.

When you get a straight answer from either, you can inform us all, and we can stop the endless futile speculation!

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

How dare you attack John Turner in this way! Is he not entitled to make a profit from his efforts?

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

Why on earth would a company do that. Their sole motivation should be to make money. Any company that uses the phrase 'pass on savings' is just trying to fool you with marketing.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

There are youngsters in the hobby !

dichloro-diphenyl-trichloroethane d d t

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Dont forget in reality the jury is still out on if we (humans) are a serious contributor to global warming and even if the globe is warming.

Just cos its fashionable it doesnt mean its right.

Nope, not going to duck or cover and its too warm in here for my coat.

cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

John returned about six of my emails to make a sale - that puts him at least in the "whose guiding force is medium term profit" category! ;-)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

"Greg Procter" wrote

Sorry! :-/

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Good job there isnt a 'show deleted text' option in mail.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"Steve W" wrote

Eh? You asked if there was an alternative to sourcing in China and all I said was that Peco do so quite successfully, so don't try putting words into my mouth.

There are other options than China, which is why India's economy is also booming, and no doubt if someone can persuade the African continent to work rather than believe the world owed it a living then there might be some mileage in developing production there too.

I'm also of the opinion than the UK is slipping towards becoming a third world economy and soon it might be economical to restart production here. I believe Hornby are now doing just that with Airfix plastic construction kits.

Read the above, I think it's straight enough.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"simon" wrote

LOL - I agree entirely with those sentiments, global warming is a fact, it's been happening for millions of years. Bear in mind that the UK has been totally covered in ice on at least two occasions, and has warmed up between and since.

In my humble opinion global warming is another of those government ruses to justify additional taxation. Anyone realise that all this recycling of rubbish idealism actually uses considerable amounts of energy and adds to global warming?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

If any government was REALLY serious about global warming, CO2 emissions etc they would immediately close down all airports and ban flying except by military aircraft. It's a bit like deciding that an economic disaster is REALLY happening when the bookies & pubs start to close down.

Reply to
Bruce Fletcher

And as recently as 10000 years ago (= 1/2 life of tiddy-oggie) there were sub-saharan conditions in what is now London.

And Termites generate more CO2 than all of mankind...

Doesn't look good for the Truthiness of Al Gore.

David

Reply to
chorleydnc

and how are they going to get to the conferences to discuss the crisis - do the military have enough planes or can they convert one of the mothballed frigates into a cruise ship ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

No, in "my world" manufacturers will be free to decide who is fit to sell their products without interference from the state just as they were before

1962.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Of course there is. We could rent orphans from the workhouse like the 19th century watchmakers did. The kids will go blind before they're 12 but who cares?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Shareholders won't get a look-in, the middle management will cream it all off for themselves. They're like a creeping plague, gradually choking the lifeblood out of the country.

(kim)

Reply to
kim