Hornby and global warming

"video guy" wrote in news:1172951408.271176.308310 @s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

See that's another difference between the UK and our old colonies. With their "up and at 'em" attitude it's only taken them 230 years to ditch the rule of law, it took us plodding along as we do the best part of a thousand years to do the same.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

The (much amended) Treason Act of 1351 is still in force:

Are you suggesting Blair doth compass or imagine the Death of our Lord the King, or of our Lady his [Queen] or of their eldest Son and Heir; or it a Man do violate the King?s [Companion,] or the King?s eldest Daughter unmarried, or the Wife the King?s eldest Son and Heir;?

Even if I were married to Cherie, I don't think I'd be tempted to try it on with Camilla...

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

Arthur Figgis wrote in news:45eaea54$0$8746$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net:

So? The Treason Act of 1795 isn't and its section 1(*) of that Act that Heath, Blair and so forth committed offences against. It was this Act repealed by Blair to cover his greasy mandleson dipped hopefully poxed arse (**).

(*)'within the realm or without...to devise constraint of the person of our sovereign, his heirs or successors'. It is also treason to take any action which would 'overthrow (or tend to overthrow) the laws, government and happy constitution' of the United Kingdom

(**) No I really don't like Blair, never have.

Reply to
Chris Wilson