Hornby NEW models

"nospam" wrote

Whoops! Yes, you're quite right - sorry! :-(

Still don't think the price difference will make a significant difference to the sale of Heljan's infinitely superior model.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Also, a number of Virgin West Coast Mk.3 sets have ten coaches (DVT + 3xFO + RFM + 5xTSO), and one Mk.2 set I travelled on last year had eleven (DVT +

3xFO + RFM + 6xTSO) although I doubt this set is still running considering the number of Pendolinos in service. I believe GNER HST sets are to be made up to 2+10 in the near future as well.

John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Not so sure about the GNER HSTs going up to 2+10 - I doubt platform lengths along the ECML will cater for this, and they've just been upgraded to 2+9. It's worth noting that GNER electric sets are Class 91+10 x coaches, if you count the DVT.

--

***
*** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)

It was mentioned in one of the current railway mags, although I suspect it was Rail, so I suppose it should be taken with a pinch of salt! ;o)

John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

A one coach 'halt' can, as long as the train passes through, not all trains stop at every station you know ! :~)

Reply to
Jerry.

Like Damems on the KWVR, which they used for Series 2 of Born & Bred, in place of the East Lancs. Railway which was in Series 1.

Reply to
MartinS

Another bit of "Testing" tonight revealed the following, our train consisted of 96 x 14 ton tasnkers, mostly Mainline and Bachman plus 24 x 20 ton Airfix tankers.

two Hornby 8f, failed.

Lma 67, managed it quite well, no noticable wheelslip.

Braodway "A" class. No problem, even went up our inclines with this load!

Reply to
piemanlarger