Hornby Rebuilt Scot Pictures

Oh they are lovely ....LMS Black will be mine !

simon

Awwww come *on* ! That's *never* an RTR model! :-D

BR early emblem for me!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Enzo Matrix said the following on 20/03/2007 16:30:

Bit of an improvement over clockwork tinplate, innit?

Reply to
Paul Boyd

"simon" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com:

me to

Unless Bachmann actually supply the G8

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Think you may have plenty of time to save for the G8 after the Scot purchase. just save at least a penny a ....

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Oh dear, the driver and fireman appear to have fallen to their deaths through the gap between loco and tender. A shame as they spent so much time polishing the running gear to a silver finish.

I knew this wasn't a real photo as the chimney hasn't gone missing yet.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

What's the betting that they still get the valve gear return crank on the wrong way round on one side? The recent RTR is so good that you would think that someone will tell the little Chinese ladies that it always leans to the 'front' on BDC (except on rebuilt MN and WC of course). Only a minor gripe and easily fixed with a firm twist using pliers, but it should'n't be needed.

Alistair Wright '5522' Models

Reply to
Alistair Wright

"simon" wrote

Just like my mate who's saving up for his Hornby 'King Arthur'. ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I'm sure it's not dimensionally accurate in at least one aspect and I'm sure someone will be along to whinge about it before too long.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

And what dimension might that be? Do tell. MRE seem to think these are CAD images and not actual models. However take a close look at the lining on the BR version. That was never done on a computer - I could line better than that. I guess these are test shots hand painted. Comparing the level of detail with my old Mainline Scots, this new model is a day and a night ahead of that. The pity is that it is twenty years too late for me. I gave up my WCML layout in 1983 - my current layout is LMS Northern Division where Scots never ventured.

I guess the rivet counters will find something wrong with it -- they should have been modelling in the 60s. You guys are spoiled rotten by the current quality of RTR.

Alistair Wright '5522' Models

Reply to
Alistair Wright

There's some more detailed close up photos from Hornby available here now:-

airsmoothed

OK I'll bite! :-)

In this modern stuff is there generally room in the spashers and so on to fit scale gauge wheels?

Just thought I'd ask

Paul

Reply to
Paul Stevenson

Youre right there, can just imagine someone saying " bet they still get the valve gear return crank on the wrong way round on one side? "

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

A Southerner ! Well he needs a break from new stuff then.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com:

Then he can move Northwards r westwards and get some stock that can actually manage to pull the skin of a rice pudding. :-)

Reply to
Chris Wilson

wrote

Yup they look pretty cool. Just need some decent Stanier coaches to go behind them! ;-)

On reflection the Bachmann Mk1s will look fine with a Royal Scot at the front.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Exactly. I was just getting at the rivet counters. I think they look fantastic and I couldn't give two hoots if they are a little bit out here or there.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

There is nothing wrong with rivet counting, just not on a commercial, mass production, RTR model built to a price - (as Alistair said) people should remember what it used to be like in the early 1980's let alone the '60's or 70's, the Airfix Castle and 61xx were regarded as great models whilst people spent hours building (perhaps I should say attempting) to build K's and Wills kits to get somewhere close to a scale model...

Reply to
:Jerry:

Of course one mans rivet is another mans ????

Answers on a postcard please.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Yes I recon it is that good that it will distract attention from the mk1's.

Whereas will complement the Hornby Staniers - must get some more ! ;-)

Simon

Reply to
simon