Hornby Rebuilt Scot Pictures

"simon" wrote

LOL - you're obviously easily pleased. :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

How many HO scale people die each year trying to pole vault over the gap between HO scale coaches? (And this is a worldwide problem too!)

Reply to
gl4316

None - they can't get the door open. ;-)

Reply to
MartinS

I was under the impression most H0 coaches are fitted with close coupling mechanisms these days? The biggest danger to H0 passengers is being sliced in half by ludicrously overscale wheel flanges.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

The biggest danger to H0 passengers is being sliced

Hmm, one could say the same thing about OO or EM gauge flanges, and I'm talking about modern fine scale here...

Reply to
:Jerry:

wrote

Not a problem with Bachmann Mk1s (and possibly Mk2s) and the gap on Hornby's Gresley coaches can be reduced to around 0.5mm without too much difficulty.

Shame the Hornby Staniers have their corridor connections moulded in the 'retracted' position, and that close-coupling is all but impossible without radical surgery.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

So am I. The flanges on H0 continental models are ludicrously overscale compared to 00.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

When they fall down the gap between the platform and the coach steps?

Reply to
MartinS

But 00 flanges are also ludicrously overscale compared to scale flanges as found on true scale 18.83 gauge track (P4)...

Reply to
:Jerry: