Hornbys website 2007

On 01/01/2007 21:08, Jerry said,
Err indeed. I'm not a modern image modeller, but I thought there was already a plethora of suitable wagons available suitable for a Class 60. At least, there seems to be lots of EWS maroon stuff about - isn't that suitable?
Reply to
Paul Boyd
If I were you I would invest in something else. Whilst not surprising (to me at least) the launch of Hornby DCC with its incompatibilities and problems has been the disappointment of the year,modelling wise.
ROB
Reply to
Robert Flint
NCB was the second biggest railway network in the UK for half a century but is almost entirely ignored by the RTR model trade.
(kim)
Reply to
kim
From MRExMag:-
"Yes, 20 Maunsell coaches to add to your collection this year. There will be five types, in two liveries with a choice of two numbers for each. The types are: corridor 3rd class SR (R4297A&B), BR (4302A&B), corridor 1st SR (R4298A&B), BR (R4303A&B), composite SR (R4299A&B), BR (R4304A&B), 6 compartment brake SR (R4300A&B), BR (R305A&B) and parcels brake SR (R4301A&B), BR (R4306A&B)."
(kim)
Reply to
kim
"David Westerman" wrote "Paul Matthews" wrote
I hope it's not the name "Wimbolton", that appeals to you because it's a typo on the Hornby website !
Correct name, "as leaked" on Rails website, is "Wimblebury" and is NCB No 7 preserved at the Foxfield Railway in North Staffordshire and POSSIBLY running today.
Loco details at
and Foxfield timetable details at
Dave W.
David !!! You missed the obvious ?
!!!!
Come on !!
Andy
Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD
"Robert Flint" wrote
It would be nice to contradict that statement, but my shop has not even been graced by a single loco decoder, so it's very difficult to be supportive of something which is
a) in short supply and b) only seems to get bad publicity.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
As it happens, I have read MREMag, and it didnt give any details as to which ones these were. High Window? Low Window? Which diagrams? There were many many variations.
However, Simon Kohler as replied to emails, giving these details.
Reply to
John Ruddy
Martin, have you seen The Sarah-Jane Adventures pilot episode? There's an awesome bus in it. I just gotta have a scale model.
(kim)
Reply to
kim
and unless someone was fibbing there was a Royal Scot shunting at Donesthorpe colliery for a few days in the 60's.
Simon
Reply to
simon
"simon" wrote
Yes, but I didn't pay for the handful of decoders they invoiced me for but didn't deliver!
I should think so!
John.
Reply to
John Turner
You mean the "Bubble Shock" Leyland National? You could buy an EFE one and replicate the livery. ;-)
Reply to
MartinS
Different build periods and different stock sets to name two reasons why this is important to a Southern modeller.
Reply to
Jerry

Site Timeline