Hornbys website 2007

On 01/01/2007 21:08, Jerry said,

Err indeed. I'm not a modern image modeller, but I thought there was already a plethora of suitable wagons available suitable for a Class 60. At least, there seems to be lots of EWS maroon stuff about - isn't that suitable?

Reply to
Paul Boyd

If I were you I would invest in something else. Whilst not surprising (to me at least) the launch of Hornby DCC with its incompatibilities and problems has been the disappointment of the year,modelling wise.

ROB

Reply to
Robert Flint

NCB was the second biggest railway network in the UK for half a century but is almost entirely ignored by the RTR model trade.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

From MRExMag:-

"Yes, 20 Maunsell coaches to add to your collection this year. There will be five types, in two liveries with a choice of two numbers for each. The types are: corridor 3rd class SR (R4297A&B), BR (4302A&B), corridor 1st SR (R4298A&B), BR (R4303A&B), composite SR (R4299A&B), BR (R4304A&B), 6 compartment brake SR (R4300A&B), BR (R305A&B) and parcels brake SR (R4301A&B), BR (R4306A&B)."

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Actual Diagrams modelled now known via RmWeb site:-

airsmoothed

"David Westerman" wrote "Paul Matthews" wrote

I hope it's not the name "Wimbolton", that appeals to you because it's a typo on the Hornby website !

Correct name, "as leaked" on Rails website, is "Wimblebury" and is NCB No 7 preserved at the Foxfield Railway in North Staffordshire and POSSIBLY running today.

Loco details at

and Foxfield timetable details at
Dave W.

David !!! You missed the obvious ?

!!!!

Come on !!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD

"kim" wrote

Aye but it didn't have any big shiny Pacifics.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Robert Flint" wrote

It would be nice to contradict that statement, but my shop has not even been graced by a single loco decoder, so it's very difficult to be supportive of something which is

a) in short supply and b) only seems to get bad publicity.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

But how much of that plethora is made by Hornby?

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

Class

Even more Err's! What has that got to do with things?

Reply to
Jerry

As it happens, I have read MREMag, and it didnt give any details as to which ones these were. High Window? Low Window? Which diagrams? There were many many variations.

However, Simon Kohler as replied to emails, giving these details.

Reply to
John Ruddy

Martin, have you seen The Sarah-Jane Adventures pilot episode? There's an awesome bus in it. I just gotta have a scale model.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

it does on my layout.

Simon

Reply to
simon

You sure you paid for the last order ??

Coat on already - I've gone .......

Simon

Reply to
simon

and unless someone was fibbing there was a Royal Scot shunting at Donesthorpe colliery for a few days in the 60's.

Simon

Reply to
simon

There's an

How about this one?!

Jerry

"simon" wrote

Yes, but I didn't pay for the handful of decoders they invoiced me for but didn't deliver!

I should think so!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

What difference does it make?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

You mean the "Bubble Shock" Leyland National? You could buy an EFE one and replicate the livery. ;-)

Reply to
MartinS

Different build periods and different stock sets to name two reasons why this is important to a Southern modeller.

Reply to
Jerry