Hornbys website 2007

John's original comment was about how Hornby are churning out their crude twenty year old 'modern image' rolling stock to go with their super detailed locomotives. Don't reply to a thread if you don't even know what is being discussed.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

But what has the fact that Honrby are not producing a decent wagons go to do with the sales potential of a certain model of a loco - by that score it's plainly daft for them to (re) release the Dean Single but is anyone suggesting that won't sell - people went beyond only buying from one maker years ago! The fact remains that there are suitable wagons available.

If you can't understand the whys and wherefores of a thread please don't reply...

Reply to
Jerry

Jerry, you appear to be someone else thats wandered into uk.rec.models.rail.hornby.bashing by mistake.

Reply to
simon

It makes a lot of difference to the southern modeller. Its like saying to a GW modeller to make do with any 4-6-0 because they all look the same.

Reply to
John Ruddy

Good job you didnt suggest LMS cos from many angles Scots, Jubilees and Patriots do !

Simon

Reply to
simon

If there was no other 4-6-0 available it would hardly matter would it?

From the negative comments I've read so far Hornby are probably sorry they ever bothered with a Maunsel. "It's the wrong windows", "It's the wrong class", "It's the wrong shade of green".

(kim)

Reply to
kim

[ re the promised Hornby Class 60 ]

But I'm not, I'm supporting their decision(s), even though I would much prefer they produced either a LNER L1, GNR/LBSCR Atlantic or even a Baby Deltic instead!

Reply to
Jerry

Yes I realised that, you werent bashing hornby - hence wandered in by mistake.

Reply to
simon

Not sure where you saw those comments. I am a member of SeMG, the southern modellers email list, and the comments there are all positive, although there was some concern because of the lack of information as to WHICH coaches were to be produced, and a desire for Hornby to also produce a BCK. Simon Kohlers comments that if the sales of these models go well, they may introduce such a model next year are encouraging.

I havn't seen either there, or on any of the forums I frequent any of those comments.

Reply to
John Ruddy

They were on MREMag which you say you already read.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

The kind of people who buy a re-issued 40? year old GWR loco aren't the same kind of modeller who would buy a super detailed modern diesel. And yes there are suitable wagons to buy from Bachmann, but more people would buy the locos if Hornby also produced more wagons suitable for them.

You are the one who said "Err", not me...

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

What evidence do you have for this, that is, people only attaching the same make of stock behind the loco?

please

Yes, because I was understanding what the thread was about - indeed another poster shared my questioning of your 'logic'.

Reply to
Jerry

I've never suggested such a thing, I was just saying how it would help sales of a loco if Hornby made good quality rolling stock for it to pull.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

attaching

No, sorry you were suggesting it as a reason why people are not buying the loco, indeed you do so again immediately after saying that you aren't!

Reply to
Jerry

Am with you there jerry, but lets be fair he may have said that although its not what he typed. Plus no excuse for him to be snappy, esp in this season of good will !

Reply to
simon

So tell us Jerry, what *is* the reason people are not buying the loco?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

suitable

would

Unpopular, poor model, over priced, wrong livery or any number of reasons - the opinion that the lack of suitable rolling stock from the same manufacture is a reason for people not buying is a red herring IMO, if it wasn't it would mean that few people would buy any UK outline Haljan locos...

Reply to
Jerry

Why don't you read what you type. You said "What evidence do you have for this, that is, people only attaching the same make of stock behind the loco?" 'only' being the important word in that sentence. I have never said people will ONLY buy Hornby rolling stock to go with their Hornby locos. I was suggesting that IF Hornby produced decent modern rolling stock more people would buy modern locos like the class 60. If I implied something else, then that is down to my inarticulacy and if you don't agree then fine.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

Well judging by the prices that a lot of retailers are selling them at, few people are buying Heljan locos...

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

suitable

would

behind

their

modern

Which amounts to the same thing, why does it matter if it doesn't matter? Stop contradicting yourself - you tell me to read what I write!

Reply to
Jerry