How many?

"Andrew" wrote
What's a joint account? :-p
John.
Reply to
John Turner
The message from "Rob" contains these words:
Enough is not a word I can accept where locos are concerned. There's *always* room for one or two more.
Reply to
David Jackson
Well it's Z scale round here and since I persuaded the wife to buy me a starter set Xmas '02 it's grown into a grand total of 10 locos. I too indulge in sneaking stuff into the house. I think she knows about most of it. Thankfully my ebay habit is tailing off but then I have a whole new catalog of stuff from marklin to look at and the swiss circus train appeals. The real problem is that when I end up ordering stuff from Germany, it always seems a shame to have pay all that postage so extras get added.
Reply to
Peter Ibbotson
Would you tell Alex Ferguson that :-)
Jim.
Reply to
Jim Guthrie
In message , Jim Guthrie writes
Who is Alex Ferguson?
Reply to
John Sullivan
An account from which you buy your joints?
-- Cheers Roger T.
Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.
The message from Jim Guthrie contains these words:
Yes. Who is he?
Reply to
David Jackson
By hook or by crook, I have amassed :
8 locos in my chosen BR-blue period... 2 green lima diesels which I bought before settling on BR-blue... 2 steam locos which I allowed my son to buy (on the basis that they looked a bit like the Thomas characters!) 1 BR blue DMU (plus a kit 1/2 built) 3 modern (post-privatisation) DMUs/HSTs etc - all officially belonging to "the block of the old chip".
Hmmm. Time I sorted out what period I want to model, I think!
Adrian
Reply to
Adrian
trains > into their house and they is no hope!
get her to join you. it's much simpler that way, unless you end up arguing whose turn it is to play trains. We've got about 10 LNER locos and 10 BEMO Swiss metre gauge locos, and they are definitely jointly owned. We will get more as we can afford them.
Ruth (woman who plays trains; also the layout builder)
Reply to
smctighe
Now I've had a look at my fleet and I've got quite an eclectic mix:
1 x 04 (black), 1 x 06 (green), 3 x 08 (blue, grey, IC), 1 x 25 (blue), 1 x 31 (green), 3 x 47 (two-tone green, blue, RES), 1 x 50 (NSE), 1 x 52 (maroon), 2 x 55 (green, blue), 1 x 56 (CE Transrail), 1 x 58 (Trainload Coal), 1 x 66 (GBRf), 1 x 86 (Virgin), 1 x 90 (EWS), 1 x 91 (IC), 1 x 142 (Tyne & Wear PTE), 3 x HSTs (blue/grey, GNER, Network Rail).
-- ***
*** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)
Reply to
Rich Mackin
trains > into their house and they is no hope!
get her to join you. it's much simpler that way, unless you end up arguing whose turn it is to play trains. We've got about 10 LNER locos and 10 BEMO Swiss metre gauge locos, and they are definitely jointly owned. We will get more as we can afford them.
Ruth (woman who plays trains; also the layout builder)
Reply to
smctighe
"John Sullivan" wrote
Ain't he got a (sometimes) half-share in an old nag called *Rock of Gibralter*? Apart from that I believe he's been involved in buying drug cheats.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Currently I have 91 locos plus DMU's, concentrating on BR blue and BR Sectors although I do have 4 EWS (not EW&S) machines. Dmu-wise anything from BR blue onwards including privatisation stuff (although I don't like privatised locos much). Anyone interested, there are listed on my website.
However, although ENOUGH, I always would like more - the Bachmann Deltic, 44's etc etc. not to mention the new 168's, 170's and so on.
Reply to
Dave Potter
Ooops - sorry !
Thought the signature would work, but it didn't so here's my website address if you want to look at the locos I have.
-- potter55(at)ntlworld.com

Dave Potter
name rings a bell but can't place him. was he a signalman on gwr?
Reply to
old git
OK i admit it I have a train addiction, there i've said it. I acknowledge my addiction.
I have 100 loco's about 90 carriages and about 60 wagons..
it all started with a hornby starter set for my son and soon i couldn't resist a bargain on ebay, but then i started going to train fairs and exhibitions and seeking out trader stalls.. then i started on the hard stuff, the buildings and points and finally points motors
My wife noticed so I used to sneak them into the house after she went to bed and gloat over them before hiding them to look at when she wasn't around..............I used to lie about my expenditure....
ok it's fiction....
or is it????
Reply to
old git
Well, you get 'em wholesale. And temptation is right at your fingertips!
Reply to
MartinS
I think some folks here need to pay a visit to Model Train Addicts Anonymous. ;-)
I've only got 7 steam locos, a DMU and a Tube train. But you should see my model bus, truck and car collection!
Reply to
MartinS
Actually "the loco" is a standard unit of currency in this house. As mine are mainly Roco the exchange rate is approx 120GBP to the loco!! "How much was that nice new coat darling"..."about 2 locos!" Total in my stock cupboard is 27 with another 4 or 5 on long term order.
Nigel
Reply to
Nigel Emery
You beat me on the carriages, I match you on the wagons but beat you four times over on the loco's.....
Colin Meredith.
Reply to
Colin Meredith