I've setup a new website specifically about OO Model Trains, enjoy!

I've setup a new website specifically about OO Model Trains, enjoy!

The link is:

Have fun...

Reply to
me

It seems a little lacking in content, and the first post ("In Regards to model trains.. what is a OO scale? Is it smaller or larger than an HO scale?") seems a little strange for a site about 00 models, especially sicne the answer appears to have come from an answer submitted by the public.

It might be worth checking back in 6 months or a year, but right now it faily useless.

Reply to
Philip

I was rather amused by the statements in the last paragraph, "It teaches you people skills" and "it teaches you monetary skills". As if any self-respecting railway modeller would CARE about such trivial matters as relationships and cost!

Reply to
Duncan

Yorton junction Video has disappeared off the face of youtube---- Not very enthralling on day 1 of the site being up.

Reply to
traction

Think his plan is to get lots of visits, brandish the numbers and get paid adverts. But as always on the web content is king and he has not yet put in the work.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

"The OO model trains scale is larger than HO. It is the size of the big Lionel trains." I thought most Lionel trains were 'O' gauge ?

A web page not a web site surely ?

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Spam, flogging an e-book.

From the web page:

In Regards to model trains.. what is a OO scale? Is it smaller or larger than an HO scale?

Posted by admin on October 6th, 2008 and filed under oo model trains | 2 Comments »

The OO Model Trains scale is larger than HO. It is the size of the big Lionel trains.

What???

Reply to
MartinS

Nice modelling...good filming....crap website. Cheers Robt P.

Reply to
Robt P

Good for you. Now, run along and play with your trains.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

" good filming " WHAT ? It would have helped if they had someone doing the filming and a n other operating the loco !

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Sorry if it looks spammy, i'm new at this whole website business.

I've taken your advice and have changed all the post with questions into 'Qs and As' posts. They were questions I found asked that other people might be interested in.

I've made the first post a sticky, the one on choosing model trains as a hobby. I had posted the information the wrong way round, so my best article was at the bottom, not the top!

If you have any more advice, (or complaints :) ) please reply and help me build a great website!

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
me

It's getting there ....

Assume you are using some form of template for the site ? Can it be made a little wider ? Less downward scrolling !

Double check your facts prior to putting to 'print'

On the basis of " a picture is worth a thousand words " use a few more plus diagrams e.g. describing scales.

Group items together, Q's & A's, video's etc.

Use your main page as a hub or index for the rest of the site

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

In message , " snipped-for-privacy@michael-gooden.info" writes

I notice that you have at least one contribution from someone in the USA on the site. Maybe you ought to think of putting something like this on the site, to avoid the possibility of confusion:

Note for our readers in the USA: In the USA, OO gauge refers to models built to 4mm/1ft scale running on 19mm. gauge track. OO was popular over fifty years ago in the USA, but nowadays it is practically dead, as people prefer to use HO because so much is available commercially. This site is devoted to OO gauge (4mm/1ft scale running on 16.5mm gauge track) as used in the UK.

Best wishes

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Thanks for the advice!!!!

I have attempted to make the template a little wider, but it might not work...

Grouping the different things together into categories is easy, however it automatically puts everything on the front page. I will make the categories section in the sidebar the first thing to be seen, as to simplify navigation.

I have also moved the ebook sale offer down to the bottom of the sidebar, so I am only exposing my readers to it presuming they have taken time to read through the site. I hope you will find this more ethical...

Oh, I have included that extra bit of info onto my fist stickied post, to help out Americans.

Thanks again for all the help,

Michael

Reply to
me

Does anyone know of any other websites specifically about OO scale trains?

I want to trade links :)

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
me

Double O Gauge Association

Reply to
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

This is the UK. 00 has the by far the largest following in the UK. I very much doubt you have anything to offer one of the more comprehensive and longer established 00 websites. You are needed about as much as the chimney on Bachmannn's new Standard 4!

(kim)

Reply to
kim

You could use those as back door flowerpots outside railway worker's cottages on a 1920s GWR layout - or not.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Don't hold back, Kim, let him know exactly how you feel about his site.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Well seeing that the OP doesn't know the difference between "OO gauge" and "4mm Scale" or their correct use I would go as far as saying that the OP's web-s**te is going to be more like a noisy generator in the middle of the quartet at a afternoon tea-party as far as usefulness is concerned!

Reply to
Jerry