I've setup a new website specifically about OO Model Trains, enjoy!

Reply to
Dragon Heart

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:27:45 -0700 (PDT), Dragon Heart said in :

The content is lifted without attribution form Wikipedia, the most prominent thing about it is a large ad for a MMF scheme. It is spam, and I can't imagine why Google have not ToSd it yet.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Are you refering to my site???? I have only used a small bit of Wikipedia's content, and I have left the attribution in place????

Reply to
me

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:45:35 +0100, Lester Caine said in :

Plus it violates accessibility guidelines.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Accessibility standards? Never heard of em :0

I will try and make it a bit wider.

And thanks for all the help guys, it is really nice to see people actually like to contribute to other peoples projects...

Reply to
me

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:25:16 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@michael-gooden.info" said in :

In Ye Olden Days there was a free "Bobby Standard" tester, but I always used my own Bob Standard, i.e. running it past Bob, my bike mechanic, who is webmaster for Reading Talking Newspaper and is completely blind, he uses a screen reader.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

A simple test is to view the page in lynx. Igf it still makes sense, you should be OK as far as screen readers go, especially if your code passes an [X]HTML 4.0 strict validator and has a correct Doctype. This will also help ordinary browsers witht he exception of IE6 and lower.

Reply to
Philip

Tpyos always crop up at the worst possible moment! :~(

Which rather makes the test useless considering that IE6 is still the most used (I won't say popular...) browser. Regarding accessibility, another thing to consider is colour vision problems - probably more important in some ways than screen readers - there is a plug-in for Photoshop, Paintshop, Gimp etc, that will render a screen-shot into pre-defined images of how the page will be seen by those with colour vision problems - trouble is, I can't remember it's name!

Reply to
Jerry

Is there another plug-in for people with memory problems? ;o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Why would we need that?

Michael Goodne

me

me

LOL!

Good one!

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Lighten up Jerry. It was just a joke about memory problems.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

No, it was blatant spamming made to look like a joke, he could have made the same joke without quoting his domain.

Reply to
Jerry

Where did I quote my domain?

And anyway,

is a great site!!!! :)

And I'm sorry if I offended you Jerry, please feel free to post what you think I should have said in reply to my memory problems?

Reply to
me