I've setup a new website specifically about OO Model Trains, enjoy!

On 11 Oct, 19:11, " snipped-for-privacy@michael-gooden.info" <m...@michael- gooden.info> wrote:

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:27:45 -0700 (PDT), Dragon Heart

The content is lifted without attribution form Wikipedia, the most prominent thing about it is a large ad for a MMF scheme. It is spam, and I can't imagine why Google have not ToSd it yet.
Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Are you refering to my site???? I have only used a small bit of Wikipedia's content, and I have left the attribution in place????
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:45:35 +0100, Lester Caine

Plus it violates accessibility guidelines.
Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Accessibility standards? Never heard of em :0
I will try and make it a bit wider.
And thanks for all the help guys, it is really nice to see people actually like to contribute to other peoples projects...
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:25:16 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@michael-gooden.info"

http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT /
In Ye Olden Days there was a free "Bobby Standard" tester, but I always used my own Bob Standard, i.e. running it past Bob, my bike mechanic, who is webmaster for Reading Talking Newspaper and is completely blind, he uses a screen reader.
Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

A simple test is to view the page in lynx. Igf it still makes sense, you should be OK as far as screen readers go, especially if your code passes an [X]HTML 4.0 strict validator and has a correct Doctype. This will also help ordinary browsers witht he exception of IE6 and lower.

Tpyos always crop up at the worst possible moment! :~(

Which rather makes the test useless considering that IE6 is still the most used (I won't say popular...) browser. Regarding accessibility, another thing to consider is colour vision problems - probably more important in some ways than screen readers - there is a plug-in for Photoshop, Paintshop, Gimp etc, that will render a screen-shot into pre-defined images of how the page will be seen by those with colour vision problems - trouble is, I can't remember it's name!
Jerry wrote:

Is there another plug-in for people with memory problems? ;o)
(kim)

Why would we need that?
Michael Goodne
http://oomodeltrains.hmmetro.net
On Oct 21, 7:06 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@michael-gooden.info" <m...@michael- gooden.info> wrote:

http://oomodeltrains.hmmetro.net
snipped-for-privacy@michael-gooden.info wrote:

LOL!
Good one!
(kim)
Jerry wrote:

Lighten up Jerry. It was just a joke about memory problems.
(kim)

No, it was blatant spamming made to look like a joke, he could have made the same joke without quoting his domain.

Where did I quote my domain?
And anyway, http://oomodeltrains.hmmetro.not is a great site!!!! :)
And I'm sorry if I offended you Jerry, please feel free to post what you think I should have said in reply to my memory problems?