LNER Shunter

Can anyone recommend a nice smooth-running shunter for use on a 00 gauge LNER layout please? DCC in use.

Guy === May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.

Just zis Guy, you know?

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote

Hornby J94 and Bachmann J72 are about your best options at present but you may struggle to find either in LNER livery, so you may have to repaint.

Neither come DCC ready, and you'll have to hard wire both.

Warning though - don't buy either without seeing them run. Good ones are good; bad ones can be shocking.

john.

Reply to
John Turner

Salvé "John Turner" skrev i meddelandet news:btkg3l$bob$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreaderg1.core.theplanet.net...

Dear Just zis guy you know I have a J72 and whilst it doesnt actually lurch....it doesnt actually run smoothly either. I had an N2 and that tended to fall off the track due to its hunting from side to side finally the connecting rod flew off....., if you cant see the model before hand then find a reliable dealer who wont send you a rubbish model in the hopes of getting a pillock who wont return it.... preferably one that has a rputation to loose if they send you a U/S model. Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Slightly OT, but the J94 I bought from my local model shop runs very well, even at slow speed but is very noisy/gravely. Will this go away over time or is that it?

Ta Martin

Reply to
Martin Livingstone

"Martin Livingstone" wrote

It seems to be a characteristic of the design, but good ones seem to work extremely well.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Thanks John - nice to have confirmation!

Martin

Reply to
Martin Livingstone

Unless it's a 1945 - '48ish layout then the J94 is out of the question, and watch the J72 numbers, the last lot were built under BR !

Reply to
Jerry.